Bright green grass

Ariven
Go to solution Solved by Streetwind,

• Solution

Temperature and humidity, I believe. You'll most often encounter this highly saturated green in warmer areas, like jungles and other tropical/subtropical areas.

As temperature plays a role, so does elevation (temperature changes with elevation) and the current time of year. Winter tends to make all colors cool and grey and washed out, whereas summer makes things extra lush.

• Like 1
  • Cookie time 1

• 2 months later...

Hello I have also question about a grass color only slightly different kind - is it supposed to look in May like a very sunburned lawn? xD Because in my first world it has a very beautiful green color almost from the start but in next ones it starts with a sunburn and stays that way (generated a few in newest version of the game and played one until 21 of May or something like that and grass still not improved). For most current world I choosed spawn in warm climate, not temperate one, hoping it will help but get in return even more yellow grass than before and I feel kinda lost. In nature usually plant world in May is in bloom and rather green so it is kinda confusing.

• 2 years later...

@Sinda, coming back to Vintage Story a couple years later... I found that if I set the season to always summer at world creation then it makes the grass constantly bright green instead of yellow. Per Streetwind's comment above I also set Global Precipitation to Humid, but I haven't tested whether or not the Global Precipitation setting impacted the color.

• 4 months later...

Yeah, I noticed the most common color of grass I see is this yellowish pale colored grass that is honestly kind of ugly, I wish the game spawned you in random biomes that way I don't have to walk a long distance just to see something more pretty 

When making a new world, you can customize its properties so that it is more humid, or that it spawns you at a different latitude, or the like. You can also make the distance between poles and equators smaller, resulting in more rapid changes in climate as you travel. Perhaps that can give you what you seek.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.