Add at least 4% to the drop rate for seeds for all new tree types with less than 2% drop rates for 1.15.3

Sengorn_Leopard

These trees seem to want extinction. On established worlds I must travel thousands of blocks and many hours to find new trees. I wish to be able to farm trees sustainably. These trees in real life produce many thousands of seeds. I can think of no reason to make the drop-rates so low. 

• Like 3

Agreed.  ALL trees should drop AT LEAST 1 seed so that the tree can be replaced without reproduction/propagation.  But that goes against nature.  ALL living things seek to increase their population, some are just really picky about what it takes to thrive.  To mimic that real world experience the devs could keep the seed drop rate to slightly over 1 per tree for the ones that they don't want to see massive forests.

Creating a declining population of trees only discourages players from trying to utilize the bright shiny new block just introduced.  Seems counter-productive to me and potentially chase off players.

• Like 5

Agreed, you should get at least one seed from a tree. I understand they want to make some tree's a rarity, with that being said this game seems to base its mechanics on realism and in real life no tree is that hard to propagate in its natural habitat. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.