Technical use for decorative items

Joethemonk

I think that it would be amazing if paintings and tapestries would influence the local temporal stability so you could make an area more stable by hanging a painting of a calming countryside to the wall or you could destabilize an area by hanging occult tapestries to the wall.

I already love paintings and tapestries because they add a lot to the lore, they are nice for decorating and paintings are awsome for making profit by trading but it would add a gameplay mechanic that would enable players to permanently settle in unstable regions or underground without making it too easy.

It would also be awsome if certain paintings/tapestries would leak into reality when a temporal storm hits:

Tapestries:

-Ambush: Spawns a wolf

-Nightfall: Spawns drifters

-Holy: drops a rosary

-Salvation: drops some related clothing

-Rot: all food in a certain area rotts away

-Schematic A: spawns locusts

-Schematic B: spawns a bell

-Schematic C : spawns the collossus (new mob please ;) )

-Schematic D : drops rusty gears or temporal gear

- Rot beast: spawns a rot beast (add it to the game ! )

- Seraphim: drops temporal gear

-Blackguard map: drops black guard gear (clothes or armor)

-Banner of forlon hope_ drops forlon hope gear (clothes  or armor)

-Holding the Gate: drops armor parts (chains/lamelar/etc) or a saddle(if implemented)

-The old world: drops random clothing

- Dangers of temporality:spawns high level drifters

Paintings will spawn the creature depicted on it.

This would add a gamemechanic that would make temporal storms and collecting paintings and tepestries more interesting and also a way bring mobs to certain areas.

I would love to see similiar features in the game or in a mod :)

• Like 5

I think this should belong to a mod, if any, as otherwise some of these technical uses would discourage the aesthetic uses (you don't want to hang a painting that lowers stability or spawns enemies, would you?). That, and Vintage Story doesn't seem the type of game to hand out free things just for hanging a painting. Though I agree that some solution to settling in unstable areas would be a nice addition.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ender Riens said:

I think this should belong to a mod, if any, as otherwise some of these technical uses would discourage the aesthetic uses (you don't want to hang a painting that lowers stability or spawns enemies, would you?). That, and Vintage Story doesn't seem the type of game to hand out free things just for hanging a painting. Though I agree that some solution to settling in unstable areas would be a nice addition.

My secodn suggestion i only focused on temporal storms so it would not be free things for doing nothing but some kind of reward for not hiding or sleeping through temporal storms.

57 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

Maybe change the loot tables for drifters that spawn during a storm to increase drop rate of rare items, or (preferably) introduce items that aren't on the regular drop table (metal nuggets perhaps?)

This would be my go-to solution to fixing players skipping temporal storms. That, and/or resources specific to storms that are difficult/impossible to find elsewhere. As punishing as storms are supposed to be, there needs to be a proper reward for overcoming them that encourages players to face them head-on.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.