Cassava?

Ari

I've managed to find all the new tropical plants except cassava. After four days of wandering in jungle biomes I haven't found a single one. Anyone know where they show up? Are they in the heart of the jungle and I just haven't spotted one because it's so crowded in there? Or am I looking in the wrong place?

If anyone has a screenshot of one of the plants in the wild that would be really helpful too, so I can see what kind of areas I should be looking.

Thanks!

I find cassava in the dry savannah lands. I know it is a south american plant but south america also has deserts. It might be in the rainforests as well.

From wikipedia:  ""Cassava was introduced to Africa by Portuguese traders from Brazil in the 16th century.  ... Cassava is one of the most drought-tolerant crops, can be successfully grown on marginal soils, and gives reasonable yields where many other crops do not grow well. Cassava is well adapted within latitudes 30° north and south of the equator, at elevations between sea level and 2,000 m (7,000 ft) above sea level, in equatorial temperatures, with rainfalls from 50 to 5,000 mm (2 to 200 in) annually, and to poor soils with a pH ranging from acidic to alkaline. These conditions are common in certain parts of Africa and South America. ""

2021-08-17_14-51-47.png

Edited by Jane Dee
  • Like 1

I am currently in the process of doing testing like this for a climate guide, and Jane Dee is correct. Cassava spawns in hot and dry areas, commonly those that spawn savannahs. They will usually spawn in climates that are Very Hot or above (around 32C+) and more commonly in areas with less rainfall, as they will not normally spawn in jungles. The lower rainfall you get, the less likely jungle climates are to spawn and the more common savannahs and deserts are, which are your target biomes for finding Cassava. The plant itself can spawn on a variety of terrain (including sand), meaning they can spawn in barren deserts as well as savannahs.

If you see Saguaro or Acacia, you are in the right place, as these two also almost exclusively spawn in these climates. Your golden range is Scorching Hot (around 36C+) and rainfall between Very Rare and Common.

Edited by Ender Riens
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.