Question around wolf behavior patch/modifications

Largeman

I have been doing some adjustments to the wolves json's and I noticed that for path "/server/behaviors/9/aitasks/" (behaviors/10/ for female wolves) there are 11 code items, but if I put a patch in to modify something at "/server/behaviors/9/aitasks/3", it will modify the first code: "idle" item instead of the second code: "seekentity" item. As i am looking to modify the range on this second code: "seekentity" item, how am I meant to access this without overwriting the main file - I would prefer to use the patching system instead of having to butcher game files every update.

Did you write the patch yourself, or use modmaker.exe to automatically generate it for you?  If you wrote it, you might give ModMaker 3000™ a try.  If nothing else, it might provide a clue as to why your patch is not working.  The executable ships with the game and is sitting in the same folder as the game's executable.

https://wiki.vintagestory.at/index.php?title=Modding:JSON_Patching

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.