Bullseye 2.4.2 - bug fixes and tweaks!

TeacupAngel

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Viclmain Crowwell said:

Hello, I'm not sure if I'm missing something but whenever I try to load this mod the game tells me its unable resolve mod dependencies. I don't know if this is a bug or there is another mod I need to download.

Hi there! This error usually means that the mod requires a newer version of the game than what you have installed. Make sure that you have VS 1.17.11 if you have Bullseye 2.4.2, and that you aren't trying the newest Bullseye test release for 1.18 :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/20/2023 at 9:05 AM, Haakon said:

unsure whether i'm the only one with this issue, but on my pre7 server I can't knap granite with this mod, since it'll just aim instead

I'm hitting this as well, running the 1.18.2 client.  Able to knap flint just fine, but granite and peridotite (so far) will only aim

Edited by Judge

On 4/6/2023 at 11:38 PM, Judge said:

I'm hitting this as well, running the 1.18.2 client.  Able to knap flint just fine, but granite and peridotite (so far) will only aim

Hi there! This issue will be fixed in the version. Until then, you can still knap these stones by pressing Ctrl+Shift+RMB instead of just Shift+RMB :)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi!
It is a great mode! You somehow managed to grasp the feeling of shooting real bow. I was practicing shooting historical bows in the past. Movement of cross-hair and emerging from it shooting style pretty closely resembles feeling of shooting real bows. I haven't practice archery for some time and playing with your mod was really satisfying and encouraged me to may be brush off the dust from my bow and start practicing archery again.

But, I noticed some inconsistency with real world in mod description in this topic:

• The longbow is a powerful long-ranged bow shooting arrows with much higher velocity and with 40% damage bonus, but is rather slow to draw and more difficult to handle than the simple bow.

• The recurve bow is optimised for high damage. Its 50% damage bonus might not seem much better than the longbow, but the recurve bow can also be drawn faster for significantly higher sustained damage. It can be difficult to keep a steady aim, however, especially for non-Hunter classes.

Usually, from my experience, straight bows are much harder to keep drawn and aim then recurve ones of same power. As damage should depend on draw force (or integral of it by draw distance...) it is not intrinsic to bow type, and can have any value on any type. But shape of force curve is intrinsic, and it defines how hard to keep bow drawn and aim.
So, it seems to me, that it is better to swap recurve and longbow here.

Edited by Maltiez

On 7/18/2023 at 3:52 PM, Maltiez said:

Hi!
It is a great mode! You somehow managed to grasp the feeling of shooting real bow. I was practicing shooting historical bows in the past. Movement of cross-hair and emerging from it shooting style pretty closely resembles feeling of shooting real bows. I haven't practice archery for some time and playing with your mod was really satisfying and encouraged me to may be brush off the dust from my bow and start practicing archery again.

But, I noticed some inconsistency with real world in mod description in this topic:

Usually, from my experience, straight bows are much harder to keep drawn and aim then recurve ones of same power. As damage should depend on draw force (or integral of it by draw distance...) it is not intrinsic to bow type, and can have any value on any type. But shape of force curve is intrinsic, and it defines how hard to keep bow drawn and aim.
So, it seems to me, that it is better to swap recurve and longbow here.

Hi there! Thank you, I'm glad it feels so close to the actual thing. That's very high praise! It's been a very long time since I got to shoot any bows myself, I'm happy the inspiration has made it through :)

Oops, that is out of date info actually! The bows have been swapped for a while now, with longbow having the highest damage, but recurve being much quicker to draw, a bit easier to aim, and the best bow overall for mounted shooting (if you have a mod like Feverstone horses). I figured the longbow might stand for a very high poundage line infantry bow, while the recurve might be a somewhat lower poundage horse archery/skirmishing bow. I need to fix that misleading text

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

When testing this mod in the most recent version of the game (1.19.1) I get a crash when using right-click with a bow. I hope this log helps a fix be found.

Spoiler

Running on 64 bit Windows 10.0.19045.0 with 32693 MB RAM
Game Version: v1.19.1 (Stable)
1/20/2024 11:07:07 AM: Critical error occurred in the following mod: bullseye@2.5.0
Loaded Mods: advancedsmithing@1.3.0, autopanning@1.0.1, backpackpack@1.0.3, femininity@0.1.2, TA_fieldsandplateaus@1.0.2, immersivecorpsedrop@1.0.1, knappingmastery@1.0.1, leaflanternlining@1.1.1, lumbersling@1.1.0, millwright@1.0.8, moreclassesrevised-v1-0-4@1.0.4, nocharcoallost@1.0.0, nooffhand@1.0.1, usefuldrifterloot@1.0.3, game@1.19.1, wlts@1.0.0, zoombuttonreborn@1.5.0, beehivekiln@1.2.2, betterfirepit@1.1.3, carryon@1.7.2, egocaribautomapmarkers@3.0.2, farmlanddropssoil@1.4.0, hudclock@3.3.0, mobsradar@2.0.0, petai@2.2.1, creative@1.19.1, survival@1.19.1, bullseye@2.5.0, wolftaming@2.0.2
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Vintagestory.API.Client.ItemRenderInfo Vintagestory.API.Client.IRenderAPI.GetItemStackRenderInfo(Vintagestory.API.Common.ItemSlot, Vintagestory.API.Client.EnumItemRenderTarget)'.
   at Bullseye.BullseyeCollectibleBehaviorBow.GetNextAmmoSlot(EntityAgent byEntity, ItemSlot weaponSlot, Boolean isStartCheck)
   at Bullseye.BullseyeCollectibleBehaviorRangedWeapon.OnHeldInteractStart(ItemSlot slot, EntityAgent byEntity, BlockSelection blockSel, EntitySelection entitySel, Boolean firstEvent, EnumHandHandling& handHandling, EnumHandling& handling) in E:\VintageStory Mods\1.18\Bullseye\src\BullseyeCollectibleBehaviorRangedWeapon.cs:line 137
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.CollectibleObject.OnHeldInteractStart(ItemSlot slot, EntityAgent byEntity, BlockSelection blockSel, EntitySelection entitySel, Boolean firstEvent, EnumHandHandling& handling) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Collectible\Collectible.cs:line 1240
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.TryBeginUseActiveSlotItem(BlockSelection blockSel, EntitySelection entitySel, EnumHandInteract useType, EnumHandHandling& handling) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Systems\Player\MouseInWorldInteractions.cs:line 854
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.HandleMouseInteractionsNoBlockSelected(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Systems\Player\MouseInWorldInteractions.cs:line 386
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.OnFinalizeFrame(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Systems\Player\MouseInWorldInteractions.cs:line 89
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Util\ClientEventManager.cs:line 185
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:line 802
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.RenderToDefaultFramebuffer(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:line 1006
   at Vintagestory.Client.ScreenManager.Render(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ScreenManager.cs:line 675
   at Vintagestory.Client.ScreenManager.OnNewFrame(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ScreenManager.cs:line 650
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(FrameEventArgs e) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\GameWindow.cs:line 78
   at OpenTK.Windowing.Desktop.GameWindow.Run()
   at Vintagestory.Client.ClientProgram.Start(ClientProgramArgs args, String[] rawArgs) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientProgram.cs:line 318
   at Vintagestory.Client.ClientProgram.<>c__DisplayClass9_0.<.ctor>b__1() in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientProgram.cs:line 128
   at Vintagestory.ClientNative.CrashReporter.Start(ThreadStart start) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\ClientNative\CrashReporter.cs:line 93

• 1 month later...

Hello! i am using this mod version 2.5.5 for 1.19.3 and have encountered crashing when throwing a beenade

Spoiler

Running on 64 bit Windows 10.0.22621.0 with 32617 MB RAM
Game Version: v1.19.3 (Stable)
2/25/2024 1:08:03 PM: Critical error occurred in the following mod: bullseye-continued@2.5.5
Loaded Mods: advancedsmithing@1.3.0, bedrespawner@1.0.0, bettersticks@1.0.0, chiseltools@1.10.1, hqzlights@1.1.1, flourbags@1.0.2, leatherminingbag@1.0.1, primitivesurvival@3.4.6, rope-bridges@1.1.0, she1fish@1.1.0, sortablestorage@2.2.1, spyglass@0.5.0, game@1.19.3, abcsreborn@0.1.8, animationmanagerlib@0.6.3, betterfirepit@1.1.3, commonlib@2.3.2, farmlanddropssoil@1.4.0, hudclock@3.4.0, petai@2.2.1, storageoptions@1.0.2, creative@1.19.3, survival@1.19.3, metalrecovery@0.1.19-pre.1, bullseye-continued@2.5.5, feverstonehorses@1.6.0-rc.2, stonequarry@3.2.1, wolftaming@2.0.2
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Bullseye.BullseyeCollectibleBehaviorRangedWeapon.CreateProjectileEntity(EntityAgent byEntity, EntityProperties type, ItemStack ammoStack, Single damage, Single dropChance, Single weight, Int32 ammoDurabilityCost) in D:\Projects\VSBullseye\src\BullseyeCollectibleBehaviorRangedWeapon.cs:line 588
   at Bullseye.BullseyeCollectibleBehaviorRangedWeapon.Shoot(ItemSlot weaponSlot, EntityAgent byEntity, Vec3d targetVec) in D:\Projects\VSBullseye\src\BullseyeCollectibleBehaviorRangedWeapon.cs:line 467
   at Bullseye.BullseyeCollectibleBehaviorRangedWeapon.OnHeldInteractStop(Single secondsUsed, ItemSlot slot, EntityAgent byEntity, BlockSelection blockSel, EntitySelection entitySel, EnumHandling& handling) in D:\Projects\VSBullseye\src\BullseyeCollectibleBehaviorRangedWeapon.cs:line 252
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.CollectibleObject.OnHeldInteractStop(Single secondsUsed, ItemSlot slot, EntityAgent byEntity, BlockSelection blockSel, EntitySelection entitySel) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Collectible\Collectible.cs:line 1289
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.CollectibleObject.OnHeldUseStop(Single secondsPassed, ItemSlot slot, EntityAgent byEntity, BlockSelection blockSel, EntitySelection entitySel, EnumHandInteract useType) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Collectible\Collectible.cs:line 1113
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.HandleHandInteraction(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Systems\Player\MouseInWorldInteractions.cs:line 313
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.OnGameTick(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Systems\Player\MouseInWorldInteractions.cs:line 160
   at Vintagestory.Common.EventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world) in VintagestoryLib\Common\EventManager.cs:line 82
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainRenderLoop(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:line 831
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainGameLoop(Single deltaTime) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:line 723
   at Vintagestory.Client.GuiScreenRunningGame.RenderToPrimary(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\MainMenu\Screens\GuiScreenRunningGame.cs:line 163
   at Vintagestory.Client.ScreenManager.Render(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ScreenManager.cs:line 675
   at Vintagestory.Client.ScreenManager.OnNewFrame(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ScreenManager.cs:line 650
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(FrameEventArgs e) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\GameWindow.cs:line 88
   at OpenTK.Windowing.Desktop.GameWindow.Run()
   at Vintagestory.Client.ClientProgram.Start(ClientProgramArgs args, String[] rawArgs) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientProgram.cs:line 318
   at Vintagestory.Client.ClientProgram.<>c__DisplayClass9_0.<.ctor>b__1() in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientProgram.cs:line 128
   at Vintagestory.ClientNative.CrashReporter.Start(ThreadStart start) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\ClientNative\CrashReporter.cs:line 93

Event Log entries for Vintagestory.exe, the latest 1
==================================
{ TimeGenerated = 2/23/2024 11:20:06 AM, Site = , Source = Application Error, Message = Faulting application name: VintageStory.exe, version: 1.19.3.0, time stamp: 0x65310000
Faulting module name: openal32.dll, version: 1.23.0.0, time stamp: 0x63dd31ad
Exception code: 0x40000015
Fault offset: 0x00000000000df046
Faulting process id: 0x0x49b0
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1da666d224f202b
Faulting application path: D:\Vintagestory\VintageStory.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Vintagestory\Lib\openal32.dll
Report Id: 39868d8d-c19c-4463-954a-8974295ddc30
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:  }

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.