Overpowered Spells [Design Doc]

Omega Haxors

Yep time for another cool mod idea that I will either finish in a week, or leave on the shelf for literal years.

Overpowered spells. You've unlocked the ability to make your wishes a reality. Whatever you want, you can do it.

At a cost. In fact, the cost is so high that it's not even worth doing in the first place. Oh well.
Come up with some "overpowered" spell ideas for an end-game magic system.

Stasis - Time flies when you're having fun, and by 'fun' I mean a ball of time-nullifying magic binding to your bones. Skip the day like you're using a bed, but without losing hunger.

Revert - Isn't it lame how your tools break down over time? Turn back the clock and watch as your tools unbreak before your very eyes!

Chaos - Unlike ordinary food which breaks down over time, Chaos food breaks down instantly!

Chill - Open a portal to the Ice Realm (otherwise known as the 'north pole') and turn the nearby vicinity into frost and snow and cooling it (and you) dramatically.

Heck - Open a portal to Heck (otherwise known as 'the nether') and watch as the environment boils and burns, heating you (and everything nearby) in the process.

Anchor - Perform a ritual to ground yourself to the mortal realm, restoring your stability to full instantly.

Blood -  Heart aflutter, on the brink of collapse; accept his offering and feel the crimson gift draw into your very veins.

Feast - Stomach rumbling, things are looking grim; accept his offering and feel your innards churning once more.

Sunshine - Close your eyes, imagine yourself in a better place. The sun is just around the corner.

Nightmare - The darkness closing in. Open your eyes, your world is about to get a whole lot worse.

Offset - Have you ever wanted to take a plot of land and just kinda... rip it out of the ground? No. Well now you can! Skybase!

Drought - A haiku: Big annoying lake. Stands in my way and looks ugly. But not any more.

Drench - Go a little overboard on the desertification? Need a new lake? We got you covered.

Soar - Take to the skies! Hope you brought wings because there's only one way down.

Meteor - A meteor will crash nearby. Probably on you. Absolutely on you.

Obsidian - Obsidian is immune to lava. Step 1: cover yourself in obsidian. You can figure out the rest.

Howl - A police siren makes every wolf chain howl for a few hours, preventing them from ambushing you.

Blink - You blink and suddenly you're at a random place at a random time. How does this keep happening?

Gravity - Clearly you don't understand the gravity of the situation. Your reasoning is completely upsidedown, side-to-side. Hey, I think I saw a youtube video about this.

Wealth - Wish fortune upon your allies, and cast poverty upon your enemies. Well, only the former. And not for yourself, but for the traders who seek to offer you goods.

Macro - Suddenly out of the blue, you are expand and expand and expand. Before you know it, you're the size of a building. Hey, I think I read a comic about this.

Light - Did you know that moths are passionately aroused by light? It's true. With this spell, you'll become a beacon of insect tantalization for the whole night.

Dark - Wrap yourself in darkness and fade into obscurity. Literally. You'll be impossible to see, but won't mask that odor. You'll need to cast Shower for that.

Instant Break - Instantly break any block, no question. Just one. One. Choose wisely!

Magnet - Don't you hate it when you try to trade something and it just goes yeeting into a nearby person because they had a magnet on? Be that person.

Nuclear - ICBM: Intense Casting of Block-deleting Magic

Turbo - Fast. Fast? Fast! Gotta go fast! Faster faster fasterfasterfaster. Yeaah! Chili dogs!

3D - "What do you mean the game's already 3D? It didn't even come with 3D glasses, that's false advertising."

Secret - What does it do? Nobody knows. If I told you then it wouldn't be a secret.

Swap - Swap positions with a random entity. Anything. Could be an animal, an item, or even another player.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.