Mighty Blocks

Tyron

Mighty Vintarians
The Progress never stops.

Boring text is boring

I'll try to record a video or two this weekend to give ya' all an overview on how the game looks like now. That should hopefully be a bit more exhilerating than my constant walls of text :D

Updates

• The building blocks in the game received some extra love
    • Doors, the carpenters table and the sign block can now be placed in any 4 directions. 
    • All the torches properly attach to walls, emit colored particles, and they can no longer be attached to non-solid block sides
    • Added upside down slabs
    • We've added brick blocks and improved the textures for Sand, Gravel, and Shingles
      2016-08-17_20-25-03.png 2016-08-14_11-03-09.png 2016-08-14_11-16-47.png

• All the stair blocks (planks, shingles, cobble) are now correctly, which means they have correct collision boxes and can be placed in 4 directions each up and down side.

• We now have "wildvine ends" that give a nice looking end to the vines. Also fixed wildvines being wrongly shaded and wrongly biome colored. Did I already mention we can now generate 2x2 thick trees (all trees are made by the same generator)?
      2016-08-17_20-27-25.png

• Finalized the flower pot, which now can hold any flower or sapling. It's my second favorite block after the lantern *_*
      Saraty still plans to make separate potted flower graphics to they fit nice and neat into the pot.
      2016-08-15_17-23-03.png

• I've failed hard on trying to fix a lighting glitch when using coloured lights. I will have to refactor to a slightly simpler system. I'm currently using the HSV color space which seems impossible to get right, so probably will use RGB lights. RGB lights have a small glitch on their own, but a much less noticable one.

• The particle system got 2 new properties: OpacityEvolve and SizeEvolve. With those I could make some quite nice smoke particles for the fire pit that increase in size and fade out over time. Freely configurable in each block as always.
    2016-08-15_14-01-31.png

• Spent 3 hours finding a flipped -/+ sign that was causing block side shading glitches :/ 

• Many bugfixes and minor tweaks and additions (/help alphabetically sorted, .clearchat clears the chat history, reloading shaders ingame now tells if an error happened, block particle colors now in HSV space). Multiplayer should work a bunch better again. Some weird new issues appeared with trying to start the server on linux which I'm trying to solve next.

View full record

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.