Specifics of Room Size Requirements

Kolyenka

So I know that a room has to be 7x7x7 or smaller to heat up with a fire, but I'm wondering what about 7x7x7 is important. Is it the dimensions? Is it the number of blocks? Can you make a room that's 7x7 and then take one block out of the north wall and add it to the south wall without making it ineligible?

I have a house that's 7x7 with an A frame roof that's 7 at the highest point. But I also installed a hearth that's cut 2 blocks into the wall, meaning in some spots it's 7x8. If I add blocks to that spot on the opposite wall, will that register as 7x7?

Because my other idea is to add some dividing walls, but I'm really liking the open floorplan right now.

(also--sorry if this doesn't make a lot of sense, I really don't understand the room size thing at ALL)

Based on what I have seen in my worlds, I think it means that the interior of the room (the open space, basically), must fit entirely within a 7x7x7 cube. So I think a floor plan like this will not work:

xxxxxxxxxxx
x-------xxx
xxx-------x
x-------xxx
xxxxxxxxxxx

Note that being near a lit fire source will always warm you to some extent; the "enclosed room" buff just allows you to stay warm when you're further from the fire (or not bother lighting one, if it's not that cold).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Philtre said:

Based on what I have seen in my worlds, I think it means that the interior of the room (the open space, basically), must fit entirely within a 7x7x7 cube. So I think a floor plan like this will not work:

xxxxxxxxxxx
x-------xxx
xxx-------x
x-------xxx
xxxxxxxxxxx

Note that being near a lit fire source will always warm you to some extent; the "enclosed room" buff just allows you to stay warm when you're further from the fire (or not bother lighting one, if it's not that cold).

oh, hm. that makes sense, though it is a bit of a bummer. thank you though !

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.