Non-Json models in the game?

Dude7ox

Is there a way to avoid that horrible abomination of VS model creator somehow? Can i put any other models in the game and if so, how? And is there a way to make something not out of cubes?

I mean, i understand why it's made in the first place, but, literally for every person who used 3d modeling software at least for a day this is outright unusable and nightmare inducing.
Thanks.

GJQ17W0MwYU.jpg

6 minutes ago, Eugene Fox said:

Is there a way to avoid that horrible abomination of VS model creator somehow? Can i put any other models in the game and if so, how? And is there a way to make something not out of cubes?

I mean, i understand why it's made in the first place, but, literally for every person who used 3d modeling software at least for a day this is outright unusable and nightmare inducing.
Thanks.

GJQ17W0MwYU.jpg

Maybe not entirely.  If you go to the Vintage Story Discord - Mod Development channel and look at the pinned messages, you will find a couple of things:

1.  A project that offers some Blender integration.
2.  A Blockbench javascript exporter plugin.

Neither are a full on replacement for VSMC.

3 minutes ago, Spear and Fang said:

Maybe not entirely.  If you go to the Vintage Story Discord - Mod Development channel and look at the pinned messages, you will find a couple of things:

1.  A project that offers some Blender integration.
2.  A Blockbench javascript exporter plugin.

Neither are a full on replacement for VSMC.

Yeah, i can't do that. I'm banned on discord

• 1 month later...

You can make non-json model in blender or other 3d program which can export it to .obj or .gltf format, sample models are in "\Vintagestory\assets\creative\shapes\block". If you decide to export model to one of the following format make sure, you see how the samples are created because VS obj or gltf model loader its not the same like from MC Forge

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.