RAM issue

Sinda

Hello

Not sure if I should report it here or on github but with 1.16.1 version of the game vintagestory is taking more than 12 GB of my 16 GB RAM on low settings and imho this isn't right situation. Have mods, will list them here if this is correct lace to report this :) My operating system is linux btw.

Edited by Sinda

I checked and during checking found a weird fact - with the same list of mods completely new world takes about 7 GB of my RAM and my old, generated pre 1.16 takes about 11 GB. Tried a few times and every time effect was the same. How it is possible? xD 

• 4 months later...

this is exactly what is happening while playing on my server. my client sometimes loads up to 11gb when joining. it seems to slowly drop to around 5-6 but will grow when moving again. a fresh world with same mods only used about 5gb on joining. i believe this is prevent some players from being able to join as the game crashes due to running out of memory.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.