Graphics not resetting for window size

DextorPlays

I have moved my files back and forth between two computer with different graphic settings.  I have noticed I am unable to reset or change the size of the graphics within the game window. This is resulting in the windows feeling crowded.  For example the font size on the SinglePlayer button looks like Calibri Bold 32.  The Logged in Msg is overlapping the Quit button.  I suspect I may have copied the graphic setting from the system with an ultra wide screen and the game is not detecting that the screen size has changed.

Thoughts?

If you don't mind redoing your settings, go to %appdata%\vintagestorydata and delete clientsettings.json. It'll get recreated with default settings next time you start the game. It only saves stuff like your video settings, sound levels, custom keybindings, and so on; nothing that interacts in any way with saved worlds, so it's perfectly safe to delete.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got the game last night after following the game for numerous years and I am having similar issues. I really wish I could resize the screen so I could look up stuff I need in game, luckily I have another computer and screen but it sucks that only screen that is working is full screen.

Edit: I figured out how to reduce the screen size its  in settings/graphics. I unclicked "full screen" so its smaller now. Maybe this will help you?

Edited by DX65
figured out problem, had to share

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.