Too bad the valley is so small

Thorfinn

Just trying out Wild Farming and Bigger Stacks and stumbled on this.

Nice looking place. Couple waterfalls inexplicably falling from the top of the mountain, looks like chert, limestone, sandstone, andesite and bauxite. Though desert is nearby, temperature is only 18. Granted only day 2, so early spring, but still, I could work with that if it weren't just a pocket.

2022-02-15_12-24-45.png

Edited by Thorfinn
  • Like 1

Turns out that's a great plenty space. No, I don't have the seed, and deleted the world, but that's pretty much ideal for some terraformed terrace farming. Split off the waterfall a half-dozen blocks up, and running water irrigates the same as standing water, so if each terrace is 1 block lower, 5 or 6 blocks long, you can get a great plenty farming. The stream is already split once; if needed, you have plenty of vertical drop to split it elsewhere as needed. And then at the end of your farm, the stream cascades down into the lake. What's not to like?

A whole new way of looking at a region, at least from my perspective.

Edited by Thorfinn

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.