Catnipp ? Gone ?

ELFQUEEN

Question...

I played 15.1 up till Yesterday and found Catnip in every restart I made...at lest 10 of them

BUT now then I updated to 16.3 I cant find any....I restarted 5 times and run around in them ( On fastest walk speed, and running ) to try locate some...at No luck ?

Please help !

AND....In non of my play-thru I ever found "lime" ( Was it lime...I ma by wrong...but the thing we need to make Leather ) I also run around looking for that...But ma by I can find that now and not give up after 43 hour ( My max time on a play-thru ).  

Now I cant even start because I cant find Catnip....

BUT OTHER THAT THAT......ITS A GREAT GAME....LOVE THE EXPLORING PART   ^_^

Catnip?  That's not part of base game.  Either catnip is from a mod, the flower catMINT or (speculating) are you thinking of horsetail for healing poultices?

Lime can be obtained from mining limestone or grinding seashells.  Borax can also be used for the first step in tanning leather (but you'll need a bronze pick to mine borax).

And...I think I have my self to blame....I set the temp to cold ( -5 ) I did forget that is says "climate" not just "Vinter", as I first fough....I planndet to start HARD in cold spring, BUT in the temperate zone....

But i guess I get myself stuck in like TUNDRA there Cattail NEVER grow....   Ill just start warmer from now on...   :)

I've heard that cattails are hard to find even in slightly more temperate starting zones.  So far I haven't had a problem on the default temperate climate setting.  Maybe set the world gen for temperate but decrease the temperature?  Not sure if that kind of customization is possible, though.

Starting out in chillier temperate or cold zones is a huge challenge because, yes, cattails/Cooper's Reed are very hard to find, if they spawn at all.  New start at temperate or warmer makes it easier, or beginning your game out with the challenge of a nomadic trek straight south for supplies!  It is possible to rove enough to find lucky flax and get started that way, though the inventory management is rough.

If you're not adverse to mods, a couple of them give you alternate storage options useful for colder starts, too, like the crafted bark baskets from Ancient Tools, or found and cut down tree hollows from Primitive Survival.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.