Creative mode and health, temporal Stability

DX65

I really like Vintage Storage mode and exploring it via creative mode.

I have temporal rifts, stability off but where I have been building is says its high rift activity and my green bar I assume health is going down. I went to survival mode because I can't eat in creative and I am struggling to get right button to eat and health still hasn't went up. Anyone have any pointers or explanations how to fix this?

Edited by DX65

The red bar is health. The green bar is satiety (i.e. food / hunger bar / your stomach contents / etc). Your green bar should never move when you are in creative mode. I've fast forwarded through years of simulation without having to eat once. Are you sure you were in creative mode?

To eat, put something edible (for example bread) into your hotbar, select that hotbar slot, and hold rightclick.

Rift activity is independent of temporal stability. It's just something that exists in the world. Think of it like weather, and just forget it exists.

Your temporal stability gauge is the cyan gear above the middle of your hotbar. if you do not have a cyan gear, then temporal stability is definitely off and you do not need to worry about it. If you want rifts to be off too, there is a separate setting for that. But then again, when you are in creative mode creatures will not attack you, so you can just ignore rifts and drifters entirely.

Edited by Streetwind

I am asking because its happening to me. I intentionally set up stuff for creative, lowest conflict settings possible for exploration world, because I don't want to fight or deal with rift and I just want to explore assets and build  a asset museum.

I was panning and forgot I set time speed to 0 when it occurred with my food bar. It continues to drop regardless if I am in survival or creative mode.

Yes I was in creative when it started because my panning tool would stay in inventory even when I placed it down and e showed every item and I can fly.

I have done exactly the whole right click to eat, nothing happens with majority of food I have attempted. How I can get food if food not working for me? I already put numerous hours and I don't want to delete and start over truthfully. My other creative world I haven't experienced the food bar dropping.

I sometimes I switch to survival because I notice there was certain things I can't get to work in creative. I recently got pretty decent computer with RTX 3080 video card and 16 gb of ram, more than I ever had before or use to using but I swear sometimes it feels like there is memory link when I had a potato computer.

Example armor stand I just placed I can't break or remove nor can I put armor on for display purposes.

Edited by DX65

Well, then I have no idea what's wrong. I've never seen that happen, sorry.

59 minutes ago, DX65 said:

Example armor stand I just placed I can't break or remove nor can I put armor on for display purposes.

Armor stands (and straw dummies too) are entities, not blocks. You can tell that by the fact that you can actually push them around by walking into them - they are not stuck into a position. They have to be entities for their purpose to function, because only entities can be attacked and take damage, and only entities can equip gear.

That means you cannot break them like blocks. I think it's shift-rightclick with an empty hand to pick them up.

It also means they don't have a GUI like a chest for example would have. Placing armor on an armor stand is shift-rightclick with a piece of armor selected in your hotbar. (If you just rightclick without shift, it puts the armor on your character instead.) Rightclicking with an empty hand pulls a piece of armor off of the stand again.

Edited by Streetwind

Yeah I figured out that it was shift right click issue after I posted that. I switched to survival now, injured self not knowing how to use ladders and forgetting I can't fly on that mode, but I still can't eat or heal though. No clue what's going on wrong. I select food right click nothing happens.  In my museum creative world food bar doesn't go back up. Should I kill myself with a creative gift of a death cap mushroom or what?

Edited by DX65

Update I created another world and I could eat and heal. I will test to see how long food kicks in though when I am in creative. I wish I knew why the food bar dropped though while in creative, maybe it had to do switching game modes. But I am not sure I don't think I had when it started.

Thanks Streetwind for responding and helping with what you did.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.