time

Frode Eriksen

i was in the middle of april   and server was set to 31 days a month.   Things went so slowly so i changed it to 20 days a month  and restarted the server,

When i loged in again  the date had changed to january and was winter and all crops died. i used the /time add   command and got it to april again but now all food i had has spoiled.

Plz make it so changing time command do not affect timers on food

2 hours ago, Frode Eriksen said:

Plz make it so changing time command do not affect timers on food

Not possible, and also, not a bug.

Like most time-related things in Vintage Story, food spoilage is linked to the calendar. If every month has 20 days, and it is now January, and a piece of food lasts 40 days, then once March rolls around it will spoil. Same thing applies to plants and trees growing, animal pregnancy and young animals growing up, barrel recipes progressing, charcoal and pit kilns burning, and so on and so forth.

You wanted the calendar to advance. You wanted out of winter. So you have issued the command to add time to the calendar. Ergo, everything that depends on the calendar has advanced accordingly. It is now no longer winter. And your food has spoiled. Everything is working exactly as designed, and it has given you exactly what you asked for. perhaps not what you meant to ask for - but those are two different things.

And I mean... since you're already using admin commands to make things more amenable to you... just switch to /gamemode creative and spawn yourself some of your lost food back in. :)

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.