My cellar is a cave?

Butterbot

I have a standard cellar (7×7×4, all bricks cobblestone) with one door as an entry, lit by an unlined copper lantern on the ceiling. It is underneath my house. When I go in it, spooky cave music starts playing, and I have had a drifter spawn in it when temporal activity was medium. The cellar is directly under my storage room, my basement's basement. Is it simply too deep?

I thought maybe the fact that the staircase down to it strays outside the house footprint underground might be the issue, but when I isolated the cellar from the staircase and just dropped a ladder down from the floor above, I still got the cave music. Any suggestions, or do I simply have a haunted basement?

12 hours ago, Butterbot said:

Thanks! I'll add more lanterns when my bees allow, hopefully that'll help!

if you already got a lantern it should be enough for 7x7, I havent seen a single drifter spawn down in my cellar with the lantern there so it might be something else

did a rift form nearby your cellar and did that cause those drifters to spawn? 

Materials play a part in the definition of a "cave". You can try to replace some blocks with ceramic-type blocks (such as hardened clay, clay shingle, or clay brick) or with lightly-chiseled stone/cobblestone blocks - both of those are acceptable for cellars but will prevent it from being a cave.

Note that if stuff is spawning in your cellar and it's not a temporal storm, it is probably not sufficiently well-lit.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.