Belt Bags

setne550

I think there was a talk about improving inventory space especially for some who needs to carry stuff etc.

And I just remember this, belt bags. Having their own slot. They can be made of leather or linen capable of carrying from 4 to 8 slots. However they can take only small items. Allowing people to be free of certain items that they might need to bring around.

EDIT: Image for example, although there are various types.

Pakistan Medieval Belt Bag Brown/Black for Sale

Edited by setne550

• 3 weeks later...

I can assure you they wouldn't be able to hold 4-8 slots worth of small items.

I mean what is a "small" item, likely the stackables? or do you mean single unstackable bowls? belt pouches are great and make a good addition to a backpack if you have enough of them, but they do not provide enough space for much, though a single big pouch (with a volume of about 1 liter, which is bigger than the one we see in that picture) irl is able to hold about the amount of dry rations for a day, and without spilling when running about 200 coins (depending on their sizes and density a bit more or a bit less), that would translate to about a single slot of nuggets or food items at most.

it would make more sense to implement a belt with pouches, to which you could add up to 3, maybe 4 or at max 5 pouches or extra tools effectively resulting in slightly more than a handbasket in terms of inventory space, of course that should then mean only if you have tools on your belt the auto replace feature would trigger when your tool breaks, it would be more immersive than carrying 4 handbaskets and still having both hands free to mine, chop wood, hunt, fight, ... having up to 2 of those belts, a linen sack and a backpack would be totally feasible to carry around without being hindered too much, though you'd have to set the sack aside when you need your hands.

of course adding pouches to a backpack might be a way to implement bigger backpacks without having to carry several bags on ones back... But it would make inventory much more complicated.

• 4 weeks later...

Small items I'd imagine is flint, knives, arrow heads, linen, etc, etc. There's plenty of small items in the game. Take the item into your hand, think of how it would weigh or fit into something and you can find so many of the things in the game that'd be considered small. And not like obvious things that aren't small like rocks. I've already listed a good bit as is, gears and temp gears are more examples if you're looking for more. Looking in the game is better.

I definitely like the idea of belt bags, I thought about this myself before. Maybe something that can be done.

Edited by Jessica Melder
  • Thanks 1

On 4/19/2022 at 2:36 AM, Jessica Melder said:

Small items I'd imagine is flint, knives, arrow heads, linen, etc, etc. There's plenty of small items in the game. Take the item into your hand, think of how it would weigh or fit into something and you can find so many of the things in the game that'd be considered small. And not like obvious things that aren't small like rocks. I've already listed a good bit as is, gears and temp gears are more examples if you're looking for more. Looking in the game is better.

I definitely like the idea of belt bags, I thought about this myself before. Maybe something that can be done.

Glad you manage to get what I said before, I do think belt bags/pouch would be really useful in placing items elsewhere other in a bag/basket. Besides the devs already did this "trick" with the mining bag anyway. So the belt bag, while place in it's own slot can only put small items.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.