Breaking ignot forms with soft metal - metal vanishes

Garjouan

I made the mistake and broke one of my ignot forms with not yet hardened gold in it. Unfortunately this means, the whole gold vanishes, with no return.

I am not sure if this is a bug or supposed to happen. If it's a bug, then a solution would be to make them indestructible until the metal is cooled, or maybe give players back the invested nuggest (aka, you loose time and fuel). For hardened/cooled metal, just give them the ignot then.

• 4 weeks later...

It's normal behaviour, same happens with partially filled molds you break.

tbh, as long as the metal is still molten (not only hot but solid) that kinda makes some sense, as you'd have at least some losses when it gets poured on the ground. Though when it really starts solidifying those would become smaller and smaller. Deleting the contents isn't ideal but the nugget suggestion might come with problems too, only natural occurring ores have nuggets, but the game doesn't save the exact composition of alloys hence refunding the nuggets that went into making the alloy is difficult and molds can be filled with an amount of metal that isn't a multiple of 5 units, making it difficult to refund the nuggets that went into filling these molds too..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.