Save or schematic files of builds?

DX65

1 hour ago, DX65 said:

Is there any information available about how to do or use these on different worlds or transfer files from multiplayer servers to single player or reverse?

Hello There !
Your schematic will be saved as a json file , and you simply have to drop it into your WorldEdit Folder and load it from the worldedit menu in the server.

2 minutes ago, Epihnea said:

Hello There !
Your schematic will be saved as a json file , and you simply have to drop it into your WorldEdit Folder and load it from the worldedit menu in the server.

How does that work with buildings or larger objects like chunks of land?

26 minutes ago, DX65 said:

How does that work with buildings or larger objects like chunks of land?

haven't tried exporting a whole chunk but for buildings you select the building with your magic wand and type /we mex [name] and it will export the model if i'm not mistaken

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

oh hi! One question, at this point in which you have a structure prepared in the creative and exported in the .json, how is this implemented in the game? that is to say a new multi survival game on a server, through a Mod that generates those structures? I know that for example COB server has custom structures that are generated with each new world so it is possible to implement them I suppose? like abandoned kingdoms or VSVillage? :S I'm very lost 

3 hours ago, Salvador Cabrera said:

oh hi! One question, at this point in which you have a structure prepared in the creative and exported in the .json, how is this implemented in the game? that is to say a new multi survival game on a server, through a Mod that generates those structures? I know that for example COB server has custom structures that are generated with each new world so it is possible to implement them I suppose? like abandoned kingdoms or VSVillage? :S I'm very lost 

Hello !
If you wish to make your own mod, feel free to check this mod and look in the folders when uncompressed to learn how it is made :
https://mods.vintagestory.at/betterruins

Also if you want to learn how to mod, you can take a look here :
https://wiki.vintagestory.at/index.php/Modding:Getting_Started

• Thanks 1

As far as I see WE allows copying the whole selection as-is, with its blocks etc. into external json file, and then paste it while being in creative in the same or another world.

Save#1->copy to external json->save#2->enter the creative mode with /gm->load and paste the json into the desired point->get back to survival with /gm

When you paste the json - it puts the blocks instead of highlighting the needed structure (as in steel furnace).

Too bad the game has no schematic, therefore the building materials are supplied from creative, and you don't need to work hard to get them if you are usually playing survival.:)

Nor you need to chisel again.

4 hours ago, Salvador Cabrera said:

Hi I'm the mod author of betterruins and if you want to know more about making such a mod take a look at my mod. 

If you got questions be sure to hit me up im sure I can help.

I'm using discord for chatting and more so if you got that you can msg me there aswell

https://discord.com/channels/302152934249070593/1033777504755916831

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.