Chisel QoL

AdrianNumbers

I will start by saying that i love using chisel in VS the level of detail i can imprint into my builds thanks to it is enormous ... and tends to annoy my friend with whom i play on server because while im spending hours upon hours chiseling he would rather go and explore :D.

Anyway even though i instaled QP's Chisel Tools which made chiseling few times faster there are still times i wish for some small additions in chisel functionality.

1. let player use the mode selection menu without looking at converted block (just disable the add material option if so)

2. add new option : convert block to/and back . i mean theres no reason for us not beeing able to convert chiseled blocks back into they'r original/normal state. Since converting blocks back to non chiseled is no go, at least converting them into chiseled without placing them in world would help a lot with multimaterial chiseling. I imagine it as a new option in chisel menu if point 1. is implemented or entire new menu (opened by right click on air with chisel), it would need to have 3 "slots" one for each orientation.

3. separate materials - reverts multimaterial blocks back into single material ones.

First one purpose is half for speeding up chiseling in certain rare situations and half to enable second and third sugestion while both of those would make multimaterial chiseling much faster, you could just convert stacks of blocks each with 2 clicks and then craft them together. If after work you still have some leftovers you could just revert them into normal blocks and store them with others instead of making another chest full of mixed blocks of various shapes. 

And to be fair @QPTECHif you read this and decide to use those ideas its the same for me as if devs added them to vanilla, your chisel tools are already part of vanila for me so its either way the same outcome XD.

Edited by AdrianNumbers

Thanks, I kind of need ot now too :D

#2 would be tricky as the block information is lost, you'd have to like look up by the texture and I'm not sure that's always a 1:1 thing
#3 you could do that with the pantograph (I think) - with the paintbrush tool - at the very least you could at least get a new single material block with your new shape.

• Like 1

hey @QPTECHi thought about one more 

4. let us add the same block texture but with different rotation ( up-down / north-south / wast-east) without cost. I mean so that i dont need to put 3 logs first on the ground, then convert them, then craft them into multimaterial block, all that so textures align properly with blocks around. I imagine that you could copy existing texture and just change its rotation (since both information should be available for that block) adding the new variant as new material in said block.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2022 at 12:02 AM, QPTECH said:

?

i mean i changed second point in original sugestion and was curious if you would consider it in your mod.

i dont know if you mostly play creative but if you ever chiseled anything big in survival then using multi material blocks is annoying to extreme. Especialy if you use materials that have rotations like logs or planks. If so you need to first place them all in correct rotation, then convert with chisel, mine them, craft them into one block, place again and only now you start chiseling.

Edited by AdrianNumbers

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.