Fruit Press

ruggbean

This is a bug that I've noticed for a little bit, but I don't know if it's been fixed in 1.16.5 or 1.17.1 (I didn't see any changes, I hope that I'm not blind) and I was holding out to 1.17 to see if it had been addressed or not.

The fruit press exhibits a tendency to say that 32 fruits will press out 10 litres of juice but will actually produce 9.89 litres. This is an issue that I'm not sure if I am the only one having, but I am able to consistently replicate every single time that I press fruit into juice.

I managed to capture a 3 minute video where I press 160 fruits into 49.45 litres. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HbgQYke3q0UJ0lQKMyiK1kLH314D9Vks/view?usp=sharing

Please advise on whether or not there is an individual fix.

Edited by ruggbean

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Hal13 said:

I'm only aware of a workaround for now: 16 do reliably press into 5 litres.

Just went through the changelog for 1.17.0-pre.1 and haven't seen it fixed, hence it should still occur there.

I believe that I saw a comment like this (it may have even been yours) and I've been doing the 16 fruits. In its own way it solves the problem, but now pressing the fruit is a little bit more tedious.

2 hours ago, ruggbean said:

In its own way it solves the problem, but now pressing the fruit is a little bit more tedious.

tbh it's too tedious for me to bother with the amount I harvest anyway, losing 0.11 litres when pressing fruit is an okayish drawback for going through my harvest double as fast. I think I've seen a mod addressing the issue, but am not sure which one (and I'm sure it changed more than that and therefore is no mod I'd install).

22 hours ago, Barhandar said:

This also happens if you take the mash out and put the next batch of fruit in the same action, even if doing 5l at a time.

Yes, that's the known behaviour, it's something in the interaction between fruit press and bucket which prevents the bucket from being filled completely, I'd guess.

On 7/18/2022 at 1:11 PM, Hal13 said:

Yes, that's the known behaviour, it's something in the interaction between fruit press and bucket which prevents the bucket from being filled completely, I'd guess.

It makes me wonder why it has a problem specifically with 10L.

I've been using this workaround to get the 2 x 5L batches instead of 10L, but it gives me stacks of 5 pressed berries that won't stack together, so I can only place 4 out of 5 into a large trough for my animals and can't use the last two pressed berries for my animals. They go into a separate chest for waiting to rot, taking up 2 chest slots per 10L that I've pressed. I don't understand why they won't stack, but I don't think that it's too dissimilar from this issue to warrant its own bug tracker.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2022 at 5:47 AM, ruggbean said:

It makes me wonder why it has a problem specifically with 10L.

It has a problem with any amount over 5L, not with 10L specifically.

On 7/22/2022 at 6:43 PM, Jon Engen said:

I've been using this workaround to get the 2 x 5L batches instead of 10L, but it gives me stacks of 5 pressed berries that won't stack together, so I can only place 4 out of 5 into a large trough for my animals and can't use the last two pressed berries for my animals. They go into a separate chest for waiting to rot, taking up 2 chest slots per 10L that I've pressed. I don't understand why they won't stack, but I don't think that it's too dissimilar from this issue to warrant its own bug tracker.

They won't stack because the press adds and removes extra data, not always correctly.

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.