Spawn hostile mobs farther from players

buglord

Hello! I've been playing this game for a few weeks now but have noticed something a bit irritating.

I feel like drifters spawn far too close. Sometimes they even spawn directly in front of me. Its common to enter a cave, do an initial check to see if its safe, then suddenly have to deal with drifters that weren't there before. This makes any cautionary behavior feel a bit pointless because things spawn in areas you've already checked or even sometimes right behind you. I'm aware that temporal stability also has a factor in mob spawning, but regardless of stability/light levels/rift activity, the spawning experience isn't that great for me.

• Like 3
  • Wolf Bait 1
  • Amazing! 1

Caves are dangerous places.  Are you properly equipped to explore?  If you consider your combat skills are average at best consider taking higher tier armor and weapons, like iron or better.  Surface drifters spawning from rifts are less lethal and the rifts can be managed with sufficient lighting.

The spawning behavior is annoying. This "minecraft like" spawning according to light level is not always good.

I would even forbid to spawn entities in some distance from by player placed blocks (e.g. 20). So you could make easy spawn-prof places.

Right now, you have to use a lot of torches to light up the place and fences to block parallel entrances. If you want to come later and continue exploring without killing monsters in the same places, than you can place rocks on ground (or use good permanent light sources).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, daretmavi said:

The spawning behavior is annoying. This "minecraft like" spawning according to light level is not always good.

I would even forbid to spawn entities in some distance from by player placed blocks (e.g. 20). So you could make easy spawn-prof places.

On the one hand you dislike minecraft like spawning rules but on the other you want minecraft like spawning rules.  I has a confusion.

Given the spawning changes that have come with 1.16 rifts, it seems like the devs are moving away form minecraft like spawning rules and haven't fully implemented what they want VS spawning to look like.  There will be pain along the way as VS spawning is refined (such as watching drifters spawn INSIDE my illuminated house TWO blocks from my face! on multiple occasions in 1.16 without a temporal storm raging.)

1 hour ago, daretmavi said:

I don't know what you mean.

As far as I know mobs can spawn on player placed block in minecraft, or?

This "minecraft like" spawning according to light level is not always good. <-- you dislike minecraft spawning rules

I would even forbid to spawn entities in some distance from by player placed blocks (e.g. 20).  <-- you like minecraft spawning rules.  Minecraft forbids spawning too close to the player unless there is a spawner involved.

32 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

I would even forbid to spawn entities in some distance from by player placed blocks (e.g. 20).  <-- you like minecraft spawning rules.  Minecraft forbids spawning too close to the player unless there is a spawner involved.

Ok ... understand, this is a misunderstanding.

Forbidding spawning to a player is actually a logical thing. It breaks immersion, if you see it. I consider such spawning in VS as a bug.

The Idea was about block placed by a player. They could work as spawn repelent and forbid spawning too close to them. It is off course simplified, but this is the base idea to prevent spawning in buildings, or in already cleared cave areas.

• Amazing! 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.