Everybody say "Pause"

Vantyndur

Hi

Me and my friends been thinking that it would be great to add server pause.

We have experience with don't starve together and it works great.

There is often something to be done away from the computer and it would be perfect to be able to pause game even when playing with friends.

The abillity to do that should of course have the admin of the server or as you could chose, everyone on the server by accepting the pause in poll.

Me and my friends and as i could guess many other players will be happy seeing this feature in the game. ;)

With lots of respect 

Vantyndur

• Like 2

By default, the server should pause when nobody is online. So if everyone agreed that it is time to pause now, then everyone logging out to main menu is an existing way to achieve that.

It's not as convenient as an ingame pause button, of course. But it's an option you have while waiting until such a feature might (or might not) be implemented at a later date.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It is an option while playing on dedicated server, but when playing peer-to-peer it is very uncomfortable, because you need to run the singleplayer once more and open for internet what is taking a lot of time.

When there would be built-in pause it would be a lot more efficient, bacause you wouldn't be wasting time for reconnection.

As I guess, it isn't so hard to implement, cause the game has a pause already implemented in singleplayer. The only thing that need to be done to achive that is adding button which would turn pause on and off and when the game would be paused it would automaticaly send information to other players that the game is paused or not.

With lots of respect 

Vantyndur

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.