-
Posts
97 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
News
Store
Everything posted by Mark Watton
-
It does reach 3 blocks wide, but it decreases incrementally by 25%. I'm gonna have to take out the 3rd farm row of each terrace to make channels of some sort. The biggest heartbreak is that you need rapid water to work a water-wheel. I really wanted to expand and make dual water-wheels on the outer side of the crops once I realized the moisturization drop.
-
Game micro stutters on any setting while moving.
Mark Watton replied to _Nope_'s topic in Discussion
I have a similar problem with short freezes and the occasional crash with graphics minimum, and most effects turned off. I just figured it was my crappy graphics card. -
I've had enemies spawn in my base during a heavy temporal storm before, but never like this. I'm idly grinding bones in my quern, getting ready to tear my base down, and start making something purtiful with a waterwheel. I laid down a bunch of extra torches to make sure the light levels were good... Thought maybe it was just a bit dark and the storms had taken advantaged. Then two nightmare shivers dropped in. Boy howdy, my butt puckered. I killed one, almost the other... Thankfully, I'd just used a fresh gear and wasn't sent off into the wilderness. They just kept coming... Oh my gosh. T'was fun.
-
That's what I was afraid of, danke.
-
Is there any way to make food spoil faster other than keeping it in my inventory? Oh, and what can I do with extra seeds of crops I've got plenty of? Just toss'em?
-
Je ne parlais francais
-
I finally found a small deposit of lime big enough for me to make a stack and a half of leather to make backpacks and a bow with a bit leftover. The bright side is that I've found about 8 traders and got them marked on my map. Hoping this translocator I just fixed but I'm too afraid to use will take me somewhere good... And you're telling me that granite is SUPPOSED to generate the way it does? Why?!
-
I think granite is bugged when it becomes the main world layer. No other stone type seems to just blanket 10-20 thousand square block areas.
-
How do I get whitelisted for that? I really enjoy the game despite the glaring issues in the early stages. This is clearly a multiplayer focused game.
-
I filled that all up with firewood, hopped up the steps and sparked a campfire on one extruding layer of 32 stacked firewood, then covered up with dirt like i'd done many times before. This one time however, it all disappeared. I was still using flint tools at the time, so that was quite a bit. (I have absolutely given up on restarting after every death considering how absolutely nonsensical normal animal damage is, combined with the monotony of early game.]
-
Try granite layers. It's about all I can find.
-
The pit it still there, so I might get the gumption to provide one. As far as the other thing you said goes... I ran into the maximum size problem, but it didn't make my charcoal disappear. I dug a long 1x2 tunnel and stocked it with firewood. It cooked 11 layers into charcoal and then ignored the 5 or 6 stacks of firewood outside of the limit.
-
Wait, can you transfer items between servers?! I've yet to play multiplayer.
-
It's only useless til I find enough copper to make use of it... I didn't realize just how much I found. Two, two stack copper deposits later, I still have tin to spare. I was using it to the minimum before, but now im trying to maximize my tin content to save on copper.
-
The mountains are about to have bowling ball holes.
-
I guess I'll have to reduce my view distance to make sure all my checks are on the same chunk. I didn't think it was that finicky.
-
Winter just recently ended, and I replanted all of the dead plants, but I suppose I did so too early and they're all stunted at 50-75%. Even if they're already about halfway or more to mature, should I replant them anyway? Or wait and make sure I don't lose seeds.
-
Jingle all the way, oh what fun it is to find a horde of monsters you can't slay! I stumbled into a massive cave dome with FOUR bells... Guess I ain't getting in there til I have steel.
-
I will dig a tunnel until I find it, or cry trying. (probably both.)
-
My method of just mining a long corridor and using the node check works out pretty well for the most part, I think my largest issue is that the layer below granite is peridotite... So... Olivine. All of the olivine. Oh, and quartz. I've also tried to use the other mode, but no matter what I do, mining 3 stones touching eachother, or I try to run a little distance between each check, it keeps saying it needs 2 more samples and won't give me anything.