Hey! New player here who has sunk an unhealthy amount of time into this game already. I've been LOVING VS overall, but the local surface Temporal Stability patches have been annoying me. I've already moved twice so far, once because I found this lovely little valley near a trader after I had already been living out of my starter dirt hut long enough to get my first pickaxe, and another time because that valley turned out to not have any medium or higher quality soil for about a 600 blocks in any direction, and I found an even nicer area while looking for better soil. Surprise surprise, the new spot has insanely high instability, and even all the good spots are surrounded by it on all sides.
Complaining aside, what does disabling the Temporal Stability setting for a world effect? Do Storms still happen? Is the Underground still unstable? Does the stability meter still function, or is every single aspect about it disabled? Stuff like that. I really like the eldritch horror aspects of the game, and I do like the concept of a local sanity meter that depletes during hard events or deep underground, but it would be a bit sad if I have to either put up with surface instability patches or disable the feature outright.
I did have the idea to disable Temporal Stability before world creation, then re-enable it after. Would that stop surface patches from generating, but still let me keep the underground instability and storms? It would require me starting a new world, and might not even work, so I figured I'd ask first.
Thanks in advance to anyone who replies!