-
Posts
40 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
News
Store
Everything posted by VANTABlack2000
-
when will we get the combat overhaul update ?
VANTABlack2000 replied to Veronica Hohenheim's topic in Discussion
That sounds about right. My guess is that they didn't really get Oceans working as intended, so it will just have to wait. I can see herbalism being along side status effects since I am not sure how that would work unless you have plants or something to turn into potions or something to inflict status effects. One thing I do wonder if they will do when status effects are implemented is Status tipped arrows and/or weapons. Either way I trust Anego to do well with the updates. -
when will we get the combat overhaul update ?
VANTABlack2000 replied to Veronica Hohenheim's topic in Discussion
That's fair. It's usually fair to have less expectations and be surprised when the update comes then to expect all these things and get disappointed when it isn't all there if that makes sense. Have they teased anything before on Oceans and the status effect system? Now I am curious tbh. -
when will we get the combat overhaul update ?
VANTABlack2000 replied to Veronica Hohenheim's topic in Discussion
Thanks for the breakdown. It's good to get a good idea on how updates have gone in the past. I can't wait for 1.23, but good to know I have some time to play my current run before the update comes out most likely. I only just now got copper pick in my current run. I am currently exploring around seeing where I want to make my next base. Ideally I would like to make a Redwood Treehouse base, but I haven't actually found Redwoods while playing before, so I suspect i will have to travel pretty far south for to find them. My current base is a quick temp base set up near spawn. I am trying to go for more of a forest base since I am doing hunter because it feels fitting. -
when will we get the combat overhaul update ?
VANTABlack2000 replied to Veronica Hohenheim's topic in Discussion
Given what I have heard on the Armor updates it's going to be pretty interesting. With all the stuff I see them teasing about I have no idea when the update will come out though. On Mastodon I know they have posted teasers for Horses and Mechanical Power Polishing. -
Ah that makes sense. Thanks for the info. I like the idea of removing the 3rd rows and making it two wide.
-
Ooh nice farm set up. I am might have to try something like that in my world. Is the water reaching 3 blocks wide or is there water under the blocks to keep them moist if that makes sense?
-
I am fine with Temporal Storms, but I usually turn off Temporal Rifts now because I just find it not fun to randomly start going insane inside my base.
-
I didn't realize that. I need to learn more about how stone layers and stuff actually works in Vintage Story. One of the many things that is A LOT of info in Vintage Story which is what makes it so much more fun to me.
-
I don't know about Sea Monsters, but something like sharks just to make the water a little more dangerous could be fun and/or interesting. Of course Sea Monsters works too if you want to add new enemy types.
-
Yeah that would be fun as another way to let hunters get gears. I know it's possible to sell Leather and Fat (Not rendered IIRC), but it would be interesting to be able to sell pelts just to give another use to them. Same goes for the horns since they don't really have a use right now other than displaying them in whatever ways you can.
-
That reminds me. I think the roadmap said something about a status system being put in place, so a way to make status arrows would be interesting. That way you can use statuses to make a hunt easier and improve the ranged experience.
-
I think I usually hear a bark and then can run, but I have been randomly killed by a wolf before.
-
AFAIK they are trying to remove the crafting grid where they can. That is one of the things on the roadmap that I think a few things go into removing the crafting grid. https://www.vintagestory.at/roadmap.html/ From the roadmap. (Done) Quenching, Tempering, Annealing Woodworking Gemcutting Herbalism/ Brewing System (Done) Fishing Mushroom Farming Cloth Weaving More ways of food preservation Find alternatives to the 3x3 crafting system
-
I like the female player model idea. At least for me it would be adding actual names to players and maybe ways to name areas. I want to be able to write stories and make my own world inside the Vintage Story world if that makes sense. More player customization would be nice though with things like female player models and maybe just more models in general. Especially since the traders have different models.
-
Sounds about right. If you ask me the big question here is Ignorance or Malice. I think Anego is proved themselves ignorant at this point and it's all just a big mistake. I no longer assume malicious intent from Anego and just hope for the best resolution to all this. I will still enjoy the game if I need a good Sandbox and still recommend the game to people while probably mentioning this in passing for those who care. Let's hope they learn from this and whatever they do for PR training or people allows them to manage the community better in case something like this happens again. Mind you me saying this is me not having a problem with Anego. I still think Maltiez had malicious intent somewhere along the way, but he is being dealt with by Anego and they have taken steps to remove him from places to put minimum harm AFAIK, so overall there is little for me to worry about in this whole situation.
-
The only thing that will improve morale I think is if Anego does another announcement regarding the topic especially on forums or in game. I don't think beating the dead horse will make that happen at this point either, so what's best is to sort of just leave it unless someone comes in that doesn't understand the situation I think then we can try to explain it the best we can. Even if the situation DOES change because we beat the dead horse does that really improve the situation or is that just Anego giving in just to please us which doesn't help with trust IMO. Not saying this as anything against you I agree we shouldn't beat the dead horse in case this came out wrong.
-
Way to make the situation black and white again shifting what I said to "Don't like being harmed" I don't like being harmed either and this whole situation has been an emotional rollercoaster because YES Anego violated my trust and I love Vintage Story because 1. It's an amazing game and 2. They have made a commitment to make the game better for players and not fill it to the brim with microtransactions. I just have the tendency to try and see the good in people and don't just jump the gun. Do I need to remind you you said you JUST LEARNED about the situation. I have been watching this situation for a good chunk of it and have a much better idea of what is going on. I have faith in Anego because I see they are trying to take steps to rectify the situation and YES it does make a difference they are a smaller company because they can't spend millions on legal teams, HR, and PR people to investigate everything and get it all settled in a week. They are clearly trying and if you don't think that's enough FINE. Personally I would love to see an in-game apology as well as patch notes on the forums announcing it and giving a formal announcement on the forums, but I also acknowledge this situation is still in development and AGAIN they are a small studio they can't do everything at the drop of a hat. They messed up, but are clearly trying to rectify things. Mind you if it was a big company like Microsoft they probably wouldn't even care if their game had real malware as long as they made their money AND would have legal teams to lock you into some sort of contract saying you can't sue them. As for the janitor analogy I think it's more like comparing a power outage in a big hospital that has the resources to turn the power back on and doesn't to a small hospital that doesn't have the resources to deal with an outage like this, but is trying to do what they can. Anego doesn't KNOW how to handle stuff like this and this is a learning moment for them. You clearly haven't seen my contributions to the thread wishing Anego would do more for the players and clearly feeling hurt too. I felt like I was harmed in multiple ways, but I can actually see they are trying. This time I am not even going to try to be cool if you still don't want to even try to see Anego's point of view in this or acknowledge you don't know everything about this situation than don't let the door hit you on the way out. I am sorry mods if this Inflammatory, but I feel attacked when my words are spun to things I don't mean like this and trying to say I don't feel harmed by this.
-
It is important to note some things if you are new to the whole situation. 1. This is about a mod dev who is now on the team (They have been banned from the Discord and ModDB after this situation and will be on close watch according to their reddit post) who put code targeted at people using a paid cheat client in some of their mods that crashed the game, but none of that code is in the game itself just was in his mods. 2. Some people now have been reporting that if you refund the game you will get your refund and maintain access to the game. If this is true this shows me that the devs do care about the players they just aren't good at communicating it right now and are just trying to figure out how to navigate all this stuff going on. Yes the devs could have mentioned the players more in their statements and I entirely feel you on not using Reddit and Discord and wish they would put something here. I love this game though, so I am trying to see the best in the devs because they aren't a corporation. They don't have teams dedicated to calming stuff like this down, so I think it is just they don't know how to handle the situation. If you still want to just leave that's on you, but I want to make sure people try to see their side in this too especially if I am right and they do care about the players just aren't good at communicating it.
-
Thanks for the update on the refund. That is good to know that they are maintaining game access to people who refund even if it is just a show that they do actually care about the players. Maybe just this whole situation isn't doing a good job of portraying they care, but THEY DO care. I know whether or not Anego cares about the players is something I mention a lot, but with so many games where the devs don't act like they care about the players it is refreshing to see when a game does. It's also that much harder if a dev you thought cared about the players turns out to not care.
-
I am well aware people play Minecraft even though Microsoft is a corrupt company. I am trying to recommend games to people that actually care about the players and not just trying to make money. Vintage Story is for sure better than Minecraft, but given everything right now I really just do not know how much they care about the players. I would probably still play VS over Minecraft if someone wanted to play a multiplayer game or would mention it if a conversation about Minecraft came up, but the way things are right now as I said I just do not know how much the players feelings are being considered or how much it's just about Anego right now. For example if we want to talk about corrupt corporations it seems Discord is heading in that direction if not already there, so I really do not like having to get information from Discord on top of everything going on when the forum is right here.
-
This addition is disappointing. It still doesn't really feel like the player's affected by all this are being considered just Anego's side and AFAIK we haven't gotten any sort of official response here on the forums just on Discord which not everyone uses Discord, so leaving information like that there is another disappointing decision IMO. It's really making me consider if I want to continue recommending this game to people.
-
I don't think it was a mistake to post here. Everyone has their own feelings on what is going on and this is probably the best place to post your feelings other than the fact we have a rampant troll on the thread apparently. I personally am conflicted about what to do with VS in the future because as a game dev myself I try my best to support devs I feel like I can morally support and if Anego doesn't care about the players then I don't care about them.
-
At this point when do we say that what they are doing is inflammatory? I don't know russian, so I am going to have to take your word for it, but if you are right would I be right in saying this has definitely gone a step too far? I am not sure how to ask mods to do something about it though. They are clearly here in bad faith and just trying to troll, but telling someone to shoot themselves is just too far.
-
Yeah I also rely on the Forums for my news because I don't like Reddit and I left Discord because I don't like subscriptions and ads being shoved down my throat, so the Forums is the best option. I am kind of sad that it seems like we are getting announcements everywhere else, but not here. I hope if they post an announcement here is more of a final announcement on the matter if that makes sense. I feel like here should be the main source of VS info though.
-
At this point I think the best thing to do is try not to get too emotional and give the team a chance to explain themselves. it's easy to get emotional over the whole thing which is justified to an extent, but we need to have some trust in the team. I got really emotional at first, but gave them benefit of the doubt that somehow this would end well and I think Tyron tried to keep things calm and now this thread is allowed to exist and even have a mod fact checking some things, so I think things are starting to calm down and in time we will know who knew what and things will get resolved. Just have to have some faith in the team IMO.