Underground Greenhouse?

Avarice

If I build my greenhouse underground with the ceiling/surface blocks made of glass will the plants get enough sunlight for it to work?

Also, the 7x7x7 requirement is really 9x9x9 including the wall, floor, and ceiling blocks right? 

While I'm here asking questions again, is winter the best time to plant fruit trees?  

Thanks in advance!  :) 

Plant growth gets slower as you go further underground. A greenhouse with the windows at ground level and the plants just a couple of blocks below that won't be a problem, but if you try something like a deeeeeeep shaft with crops at the bottom, you will not be a happy farmer. And, yes, the 7x7x7 is the *space*, it does not include the walls.

• Thanks 2

On 9/27/2022 at 10:08 PM, Michael Gates said:

Plant growth gets slower as you go further underground. A greenhouse with the windows at ground level and the plants just a couple of blocks below that won't be a problem, but if you try something like a deeeeeeep shaft with crops at the bottom, you will not be a happy farmer. And, yes, the 7x7x7 is the *space*, it does not include the walls.

Nice, thank you very much Michael! :)

If snow accumulates on the greenhouse, does this block the light and stop it from growing plants? The temperature is is fine, but it's been snowing a lot since late October.

Anyone know if Winter is the best time to plant fruit trees, or does it not really matter when you plant? 

Edited by Avarice
Added a question.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.