Stuck in limbo (HELP)

CampingPenguin

So I've been playing on this modded server with some friends. We've never had any problems/bugs on the server. I ended up logging off for the night and the following morning I was stuck in limbo. I can see torches and stuff like that but it looks like I'm stuck in space. I've tried reinstalling vintage story and deleting all mods but no luck. Everyone else on the server isn't having any problem's its just me. If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it if not don't worry about it. Vintagestory_2cxSP7BQiL.thumb.png.402ae692662de9f5d04d4d7b8dc3925e.png

Sometimes the chunk you are in will not render properly... If you can, go in spectator mode "/gm 3" and move away from this chunk or teleport some distance away.

There is also ".debug redrawall" which redraws all chunks. If you don't have access to any of these commands you may ask server moderator to help you out.

Personally, going in spectator mode and moving into a neighboring chunk always fixes this problem for me  in my single player world.

Edited by Ivan Stamenov
  • Like 1

This is quite unfortunate.... I have experienced this (or very similar crash) at least a dozen times and every time moving away from the chunk fixes the glitch. Have you tried teleporting away with "/tp"? Also there might be a hint what's wrong somewhere in the log files (mine are in [drive]:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\VintagestoryData\Logs)...

If you try another world (e.g. singleplayer), do you experience the same sh*t?

Yeah it sucks. I'll try the tp command and see if that does anything. I've tried single player and It works perfectly fine so I have no clue what to do. I sent a message on the vintage story discord in hopes of getting some help but if not I might just stop playing for a few cause we've put so much work into it. I checked the log files and I really don't know what I should be looking for but I'll take the time to look through everything. Thank you for trying to help though I really appreciate it.

You are very welcome. Here are some other options you can try:

• /debug cs - Forcefully resends the current chunk the player is in
  • /debug cr - Forcefully completely relights the chunk the player is in and all of them within one chunk of it
  • /wgen regen 1 - Regenerate chunks around the player. This will erase everything built within 1 chunk around you, so you might want to move away from the base a bit before attempting this...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.