How To Read Crash Reports?

SIN1K

Hey guys, 

Title pretty much says it all. Just updated to 1.17.8 and updated couple mods to this client version too but noticed a crash on loading the game. I have no clue how to read this crash report to debug it so I can fix the issue.

It should be noted, obviously, the crash is occuring due to mod conflicts as I was fine playing with all the mods I have on 1.17.6 prior to the update of the client and a few select mods.

If you could help me understand how to read this crash report so that I can pinpoint the issue, that would be amazing.

Appreciate any and all help given my way 😁

Here's the crash report below:

Running on 64 bit Windows with 16 GB RAM 
Game Version: v1.17.8 (Stable)
16/10/2022 12:19:11 PM: Critical error occurred
Loaded Mods: aculinaryartillery@1.0.8, weaponpacka@1.3.1, ancienttools@1.4.7, animalcages@2.0.6, tonwexp@1.1.0, armoroverhaulsuite@1.0.0, bettercrates@1.5.2, betterruins@0.0.4, cobbgm@1.0.1, extrachests@1.6.0, weaponpackg@1.0.1, hideandfabric@1.2.7, instruments@1.1.3, meteoricexpansion@1.2.2, moreclasses@1.2.4, moreclay@1.0.1, moredrifterloot@1.5.4, necessaries@1.1.3, primitivesurvival@3.0.5, game@1.17.8, wildcraft@1.4.4, alloycalculator@1.0.0, Bettermedievalexpansion@3.8.0, carrycapacity@0.6.5, expandedfoods@1.6.2, extraoverlays@1.1.1, farmlanddropssoil@1.4.0, fartempleaxe@1.0.0, fromgoldencombs@1.3.15, hudclock@2.8.0, legendarymobs@1.1.0, lichen@1.6.1, medievalexpansion@3.8.1, moredoor@1.0.0, petai@1.5.4, playercorpse@1.5.0, prospectorinfo@4.1.2, resmeltableslight@1.0.0, roadworks@1.0.8, stonequarry@2.0.0-rc.4, tprunes@1.0.5, tpnet@1.7.2, usefulstuff17@1.0.2, creative@1.17.8, vsquest@0.1.0, survival@1.17.8, vsvillage@0.3.0, workbenchexpansion@1.5.1, xlib@0.6.10, xorberax-bloodmod@0.3.2, xrowboat@0.0.5, metalrecovery@0.1.18-rc.2, campaigncartographer@3.0.2, bullseye@2.4.1, cats@1.5.3, cobvoices@1.0.0, cob@1.5.9, em@1.0.1, foxtaming@1.2.0, onestick@1.0.1, wolftaming@1.5.4, xinvtweaks@1.4.2, xskills@0.6.13, bricklayers@1.1.1
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.WeatherSimulationRegion.ReloadPatterns(Int32 seed) in VSEssentials\Systems\Weather\WeatherSimulationRegion.cs:line 142
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.WeatherSystemBase.InitDummySim() in VSEssentials\Systems\Weather\WeatherSystemBase.cs:line 76
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.WeatherSystemClient.LevelFinalizeInit() in VSEssentials\Systems\Weather\WeatherSystemClient.cs:line 299
   at System.Action.Invoke()
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.OnLevelFinalize() in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:line 1044
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.GeneralPacketHandler.HandleLevelFinalize(Packet_Server packet) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Systems\GeneralPacketHandler.cs:line 218
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.ExecuteMainThreadTasks(Single deltaTime) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:line 1138
   at Vintagestory.Client.GuiScreenConnectingToServer.RenderToDefaultFramebuffer(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\MainMenu\Screens\GuiScreenConnectingToServer.cs:line 379
   at Vintagestory.Client.ScreenManager.Render(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ScreenManager.cs:line 718
   at Vintagestory.Client.ScreenManager.OnNewFrame(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ScreenManager.cs:line 622
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\GameWindow.cs:line 124
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 476
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame() in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 452
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 375
   at Vintagestory.Client.ClientProgram.Start(ClientProgramArgs args, String[] rawArgs)
   at Vintagestory.ClientNative.CrashReporter.Start(ThreadStart start) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\ClientNative\CrashReporter.cs:line 93

Edited by SIN1K

Crash reports like those are usually more useful to developers than users.

What you could do is look at the patch note and see if any of your mods does impact a new feature or a bug fix, or wait for the mods to be patched for 1.17.8.
Or disable all your mods and load them one by one to spot the bad apple.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.