Respawning doesn't reset temporal stability

Ezra

Is this a bug?

In a multiplayer server my temporal stability dropped down to zero and I eventually died from it. I respawned with full health, but still temporal stability of zero. I don't really want to franticly (but also slowly) pan through a small stack of sand to get a temporal gear but is that the only way out of the situation?

No, just look around for somewhere the gear is running clockwise. Granted, it seems everywhere I would prefer to settle down, it's running counter-clockwise, but they are not that hard to find.

I really don't know if that's intentional behavior or not. I'm a little OCD about letting it get low. Halfway is about all I allow it to get. 

[EDIT]

Oh, and greetings! Just noticed you are new here.

[/EDIT]

Edited by Thorfinn

It looks like once your stability is really low it won't naturally recover even if you move away from the rift that was lowering it. :(

Little background, I was trying out a basic drifter trap that I had accidentally discovered earlier. Dig a four block deep pit that is 3x2 on the base (or build it in a pond) place a torch on a wall and block off the ceiling from inside. Go to one corner, and block off the opposite corner with a two block high diagonal wall (leaving a one block gap at the top). Then break the ceiling block above that corner. If you do that just before night near a rift then a ton of drifters will path into the gap, fall down and get stuck. Next morning you can climb out and peek over the edge at them. They will throw rocks, hit each other, and start a mutual murderfest until just one is left which you can easily finish with a spear.

Only, don't do any of that because apparently if your temporal stability gets super low it becomes hard to fix and it sticks after you die.

Unfortunately I forgot to mark my location on the map, or there might well have been a temporal gear in one of the drifter's corpses.

If you give it a little thought, you can devise a similar trap where they kill each other all night long, and you are close enough to safely butcher them as they do so. Just don't put it that close to a rift. They will come to you anyway. I didn't think about adding a torch. Nice touch.

If you have time to build a pit kiln within a tile of the bottom of the pit, you don't even have to wait for them to kill each other.

Edited by Thorfinn

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.