What are the starting tops for a new player?

Kill-Real

2 hours ago, maibock said:

Don't approach distant howling unless decently equipped, otherwise you're in for a bad time.

Also also, don't spoil the game for yourself, best enjoyed when discovering the content.

Yes, this is what I want. Bot read some stupid guides "do that, do not do that" or watch videos. Just discover things myself, but really in trouble finding the direction of where to start.

• Wolf Bait 1

Open your Handbook (Press H) and read the Starter Guide. It gently steps you through without spoiling anything. If you didn't understand the bit about knapping, read the Crafting Mechanic: Knapping section. That night when you don't have anything better to do, if you feel like it, read the Progression Guide to get an idea where you are headed.

As an example, when you try to knap your first knife blade, you will see all the other options you can do with flint (or whatever stone you found) and realize, "Hey, when I need firewood, that's where I go to make an axe." And so forth.

[EDIT]

Oh, and just so you know, running away is often the right answer. You are only slightly more powerful than rabbits, and less powerful than chickens.

[/EDIT]

Edited by Thorfinn

On 11/3/2022 at 7:50 PM, Kill-Real said:

Bot read some stupid guides "do that, do not do that" or watch videos. Just discover things myself, but really in trouble finding the direction of where to start.

That is ok, but it is not bad to learn some basic mechanics. Survival Guide - Your first day is not spoiling too much, just explaining basic principles.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.