Upnp issues

Rivkets

So me and my friend recently added another friend into our vintage story world and we're having issues saying connected to each other in a weird way.
Ill call the veteran friend of mine "Mino" and the newbie "D"

So we first tried allowing myself to host a upnp server, worked with no issues at all with me and "Mino" playing the game, we've enjoyed over 500 hours of this game as a duo with me hosting the server.
We get our new friend "D" aboard a new world that im hosting like usual, and he gets the disconnected "host not responding" message almost every 20 minutes, so we send "D" the world file and allow him to host the server because vintage story makes it stupid easy.

We hop on into "D"s server I am now the one getting disconnected with a "host not responding" message.
so we say screw it and "Mino" now hosts the game for us, but get this.. now Me AND "D" are getting "host not responding" every hour or so.

any clues as to what would be the issue because we currently have our hands in the air and trying to play with three people is almost impossible. 

I also see the "Host not responding" thingy quite often, and I do play alone 😀. In my case this is because of the clogged up OS I am using (Windows 7) and several programs which suddenly kick in and take almost all of the available resources and occasionally block the internet traffic (e.g. (un)TrustedInstaller and the antivirus program).

So your experience can be explained with your machine being more powerful and better managed than Mino's and D's. 

10 hours ago, Rivkets said:

So me and my friend recently added another friend into our vintage story world and we're having issues saying connected to each other in a weird way.
Ill call the veteran friend of mine "Mino" and the newbie "D"

So we first tried allowing myself to host a upnp server, worked with no issues at all with me and "Mino" playing the game, we've enjoyed over 500 hours of this game as a duo with me hosting the server.
We get our new friend "D" aboard a new world that im hosting like usual, and he gets the disconnected "host not responding" message almost every 20 minutes, so we send "D" the world file and allow him to host the server because vintage story makes it stupid easy.

We hop on into "D"s server I am now the one getting disconnected with a "host not responding" message.
so we say screw it and "Mino" now hosts the game for us, but get this.. now Me AND "D" are getting "host not responding" every hour or so.

any clues as to what would be the issue because we currently have our hands in the air and trying to play with three people is almost impossible. 

You managed to duo just fine but when you added 3rd person you had issues. Maybe its a bandwidth issue? I have a problem hosting almost any server for more than 2 other people due to my upload bandwidth being garbage.

When you host it your self you use no bandwidth for your self since its on your local network and you would join with 127.0.0.1(if its on your computer)/192.168.x.x(if its on another server in your house replace X.X with the IP of that machine) where everyone else would use your internet IP.
Every person that joins from outside your home will use your upload bandwidth. Depending whats going on in game it can use very little or lots. Exploring and teleporting uses lots typicaly because it has to send lots of data to players. so do a speed test to see what your upload bandwidth is. You can use task manager to view the bandwidth rate as you play to see if its reaching that limit.

Edited by Polraudio Zion

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.