preset character before starting new game

omnifeeder

basically instead of creating the character right as soon as the world first loads, have the option to set one up before hand so that you can play immediately. as you start the world you can choose your already made character or untick a box to have the ability to create one as the world begins.

• Like 15

My 5 cents to add.

As far as I can see - choosing the character properties wastes the precious 1st day' time.

I.e. if starting the day at 09:00 of May 1 - choosing the beard type or underwear may easily shift the actual start time to noon or even later, limiting the possibility to gather enough reeds for the baskets until end of the day.

• Like 1

No, the passage of time is paused while you are in the character editor.

You can confirm this is the case by installing the HUD Clock mod. It will show you that it remains 08:00 in the morning the entire time you spend on tweaking your character. The clock only starts advancing after you've exited the editor.

• Like 3

On 1/11/2023 at 7:11 AM, Streetwind said:

No, the passage of time is paused while you are in the character editor.

You can confirm this is the case by installing the HUD Clock mod. It will show you that it remains 08:00 in the morning the entire time you spend on tweaking your character. The clock only starts advancing after you've exited the editor.

Not if you're in a multiplayer world. For instance my roommate and I just picked this game up. He starts it then runs lan, game is unable to be paused from that point. But really it's more about not having to keep making one when I do try new worlds to experiment with how spawning and world generation works as well as not having to hear the character yell in my ear on start and when choosing preferred voice. While it's neat the first time after so many times it's kind of hard to listen to plus I end up making the same look almost every time

• Like 3

On 1/14/2023 at 6:46 AM, Streetwind said:

...Touché. I did not consider multiplayer (chiefly because I've never been on a server).

Yea I only really play multi with my roommate since theyre the one who asked lol. other than that I just test out mods and stuff solo in case we want to add them to the main game we're playing. so I end up creating characters kinda often when I do test them out.

• 3 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.