Temperature by Altitude

Duke Arioch
Go to solution Solved by Streetwind,

Does anyone know if there is a temperature drop at high altitudes and what the formula might be? I want to go south so that I can grow evergreen fruit trees, but would like to have a very tall mountain nearby that is cold enough to snow and engage vernalization for my other fruit trees, such as cherries.

Yes, the highlands are very cold - up to glacier ice generated on mountain tops.

The empiric (my personal estimation) is that the decrease is ~0.1deg per one block height.

So if you have 40deg on the sea level of 110, you will have ~20deg and winter snow/frost on height of 210.

You want height that has ~20-27deg in summer.

PS

Right now tested it and got 10deg difference on 70 blocks height difference.

• Like 1

• Solution

Yes, temperature currently changes at a rate of 0.667°C per block height difference (says Tyron on Discord), colder at high altitudes, warmer at low ones, independent of total world height.

Note: 1.18 is likely to make changes to this formula, as there is a worldgen revamp coming with it.

Edited by Streetwind
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.