Can't Connect Sometimes

Lumber Jackson

Greetings all,

I'm renting a server via G-Portal. Sometimes we run into an issue where we can't connect to the server. It fails at "Connecting to server, downloading data...0 kilobytes received". That's as far as it gets. There's no failures in the logs, and someone that's still on the server is playing just fine. When it starts happening, the only solution seems to be a server restart. Any idea what causes this?

• 5 months later...

Nope. It required resetting the server every time someone ran into the issue. There were some real life stuff keeping me away and with the big update on the way at the time for VS, I eventually just shut the server down. I see they are changing to net7, so maybe once winter sets in I'll try getting back into the game. A work around might be scheduling restarts every twelve hours, but other than that I never figured out what was actually causing the issue. Sorry I couldn't be more help!

14 hours ago, Lumber Jackson said:

Nope. It required resetting the server every time someone ran into the issue. There were some real life stuff keeping me away and with the big update on the way at the time for VS, I eventually just shut the server down. I see they are changing to net7, so maybe once winter sets in I'll try getting back into the game. A work around might be scheduling restarts every twelve hours, but other than that I never figured out what was actually causing the issue. Sorry I couldn't be more help!

even with restarting every 12 hours it became a constant problem. I tried updating to the latest version and now my entire server is broken. Thinking about closing my server until things are more stable as well. Starting to be more annoying than anything. I spend more time fixing server stuff than playing the game.

I'm sure once things aren't in such an early state it will be easier to run the server stuff.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.