What is the best land/water ratio?

Stejer

Ive been testing around with a few saves on what percentage between oceans and land is the more realistic and I couldnt find quite the right percentage

it might just be bad spawning position like spawning in the middle of a bunch of island but no big land mass or the oposite spawning in the middle of a big land mass and not being able to find the ocean

if anyone has found a good ratio could you tell me pretty please?

Personaly i not find much point to oceans here , in minecraft they can have recources and boat is one fastest ways to travel(and relatvily safe too as mobs are unlikely to ever hit you)

in vintage story there is no recourses there , raft is slowest way to travel , mobs and even animals can attack you

Oceans provide some additional geology challenges (for those of us who enjoy overcoming difficulties) and who's to say that future updates won't make changes that make oceans more profitable?  By reducing or eliminating oceans you may be limiting future benefits from that feature.  

On 6/29/2023 at 4:08 AM, Varenvel said:

Personaly i not find much point to oceans here , in minecraft they can have recources and boat is one fastest ways to travel(and relatvily safe too as mobs are unlikely to ever hit you)

in vintage story there is no recourses there , raft is slowest way to travel , mobs and even animals can attack you

I love oceans as they are right now but I'm more into exploring than building. To me a solid landmass world is boring like a never ending desert. No matter how the scenery changes along the way it kind of remains the same.  Gravel wastelands almost do the trick but not quite like oceans do. Oceans help sharpen contrast in the land. Before oceans I'd play in a world for a while then scrap it and start a new one because I got bored. Also they let me play afk while I do chores irl lol

At first I tried landcover 0% and landcover scale at 400% and spawned on one large granite island. I never found land big enough to use elsewhere (2-3 blocks islands peppered here and there). I sailed south for about 20 000 blocks and almost starved because I couldn't find a spot to use that crock. That was a very difficult world to play in terms of resources.

My current world has 30% landcover and 150% landcover scale and it's the best world I've ever been to (seed 1036155898 ver. 1.18.5). I lost my map when I upgraded to 1.18.6, not sure why, but from what I remember of my 30k blocks trip south I found 4 or 5 islands as large or larger than home. I have no doubt I can get access to all the resources the game has to offer. I might try a 10/200 world next because that's still a lot of land for my tastes.

Edited by fran6

I've been playing on 50% landcover, 100% landcover scale. My starting island is about 2000 blocks in either direction. The next sets of islands are 500 to 1500 blocks across ocean depending on direction. Most of the other islands I've found have been a bit smaller than the starting one but still there's several over 1000 blocks diameter.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.