Boats!

Crack Bandicoot

So I know that they're already on the to do list. Just wanted to share what I think would make them most useful to the player without causing tons of lag.

The makeshift raft is useful, but in a world with 40% land cover you can really start to see the limitations. A bigger boat could have storage. The best boats could come with a bed. Investing in a higher tier boat could allow you to travel faster in small increments of 5%-10%, if world gen is a problem.

A tier 2 boat could be available sooner than expected. It would demand a lot of time and effort, but laying two adjacent logs on the ground, and you could carve out a canoe, just like the Haida did with Cedar logs and stone chisels.

I want to go berserker Viking and sail on a long ship between islands in an archipelago world.  Get terrified by Dave sailing during a temporal storm.  Set up temporary settlements when I need to smith new tools or grow more food.

Then I think a Polynesian catamaran would be cool too which then get crowded out by the thoughts of a dwarven galleon.  *sigh*  Guess I'll just have to imagine my two man raft is grander than it is.  *giggle* 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.