temporal storms

Jeromy Alexander

In my opinion, this would be pretty annoying , since there have been many times where they spawn right on top of me while i'm simply walking around.
If i had to consider adding this idea, then the player would only get teleported away randomly if they stay in the vortex for more than, lets say, 5+ seconds, sorta like the translocators but way harder.

To make it more interesting, the player should get teleported underground into temporally unstable areas.
Try returning to the surface and survive before the hallucinations begin 😈 

If rifts are the portal drifters use to come from the rust dimension, shouldn't seraphs be transported TO the rust dimension?

But people should realize that the game has very strong elements from Lovecraft.  Read Lovecraft to understand more behind the eldritch aspect of the game.  If interested, I'd suggest reading The Shunned House, Colour Out of Space, The Case of Charles Ward and the Dunwich Horror as examples of what is inspiring the developers.  The longest of these readings is 50 or 75 pages.  BTW, Lovecraft is a master story teller!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

If rifts are the portal drifters use to come from the rust dimension, shouldn't seraphs be transported TO the rust dimension?

But people should realize that the game has very strong elements from Lovecraft.  Read Lovecraft to understand more behind the eldritch aspect of the game.  If interested, I'd suggest reading The Shunned House, Colour Out of Space, The Case of Charles Ward and the Dunwich Horror as examples of what is inspiring the developers.  The longest of these readings is 50 or 75 pages.  BTW, Lovecraft is a master story teller!

Have you read Robert E. Howard's stories too? Conan's adversaries include some pretty badass eldritch horrors too, which is unsurprising considering Howard and Lovecraft were friends.

Would strongly suggest Clark Ashton Smith's stories too.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.