Auto-swap tools other than the axe/spear.

Alan Blue

Hammer, chisel, saw for instance.

By autoswap, I mean "When this tool is gone, the next tool of this type is moved into the highlighted hotbar slot and just used directly", Like when a stack of four axes go to war with a redwood, or I swarm a polar bear as he bats me around.

The durability drain on the mechanical power widgets is significant, and I find myself with multiple low-durability tools. Sometimes even *stuck* with multiple low-durability tools. "Just" let me drain them to death if there's another suitable tool in my inventory. Please.

Additionally, there's nothing obvious about *why* you've failed to craft X. No "Your tool does not have enough durability" sort of message. Obvious in hindsight, not obvious when you're standing there with a 18 durability saw wondering if you've messed up the recipe. Again.

Edited to note that the hammer does swap while smithing. But the piece I'm pointing out is the 'while crafting mechanical power bits'. 

Edited by Alan Blue
  • Like 3

On 7/22/2023 at 1:41 PM, Alan Blue said:

Additionally, there's nothing obvious about *why* you've failed to craft X. No "Your tool does not have enough durability" sort of message. Obvious in hindsight, not obvious when you're standing there with a 18 durability saw wondering if you've messed up the recipe. Again.

If nothing else, this would be a great addition in the next de-janking update

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.