Did I mess up or find a bug (fruit press)

Snakeshoes

I'm playing the game for the first time and really enjoying it.  I've made it to bronze tools and have enough ingots I can experiment so I built a fruit press to try out.  I put a bucket under it, loaded it with 24 cranberries, and pressed.  I got the press animation, got mash out at the end, but found my bucket was only full of water.  Graphically it looks like water, the tooltip when I mouse over it says 'bucket of water', and a bowl dipped into it comes out with water as well.  I'm not running any food/cooking based mods. This is in single player.

So, is this a known bug?  Did I do something wrong?  Has anyone else experienced this?  Really scratching my head here.  Thanks in advance for any advice/insight.

Never seen this before, but could certainly be a new bug.

However, are you positive that you placed an empty bucket under the press? If the bucket already contained water, the press might just have wasted all the juice because there was nowhere for it to go.

In general, when you suspect a bug, your first step should be to try and reproduce it. If you do the exact same thing again (press another 24 cranberries - spawn them in if necessary), and definitely use a completely empty bucket, do you get water again?

5 hours ago, Streetwind said:

Never seen this before, but could certainly be a new bug.

However, are you positive that you placed an empty bucket under the press? If the bucket already contained water, the press might just have wasted all the juice because there was nowhere for it to go.

In general, when you suspect a bug, your first step should be to try and reproduce it. If you do the exact same thing again (press another 24 cranberries - spawn them in if necessary), and definitely use a completely empty bucket, do you get water again?

I think I just messed up.  I attempted to replicate it.  I double-checked the bucket was empty and pressed another pile of cranberries and got cranberry juice this time.  I think you're right that there must of have been water in the bucket and I completely missed it the first time around and just wasted the juice.

Thanks for setting me on the right path.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.