Gravity powered fruit press

Topminator

i personally do not enjoy holding right click on the press, i believe there should be an upgrade to the press where we can use heavy stone blocks or forged metal cubes to replace the screw/plate combo. maybe have it available after getting iron tools, i suggest needing an iron chisel to shape stone slabs into cubic stone weights to put over the press' metal plate then have both a recipe for that and a way to recover the metal from the screw press. maybe we can also have this new press not need a minimum quantity of fruit and/or have it being able to hold more fruit.

In my case it only works after one turn and the press needs two turns. However the press always juices at full speed regardless of how much the screw is turned, so the screw needs to go down just for resetting, quickly right clicking to start squeezing makes it easy to use 2 presses at the same time.

With that said the only advantage (that i can see) of a screw press over a gravity press would be giving an extreme squeeze without having to manage giant weights, and even then automatically resetting the press on command would be easy to accomplish with a simple crane and a transmission

The reason fruit presses use screws (now, mostly hydraulic rams) instead of gravity is that a small press about the size and shape of a 5 gallon bucket typically needs at least 5 tons of pressure, more if you use a more squat design. Mine uses a 20-ton, though that's admittedly overkill. If you assume a specific gravity of a given stone at 2.3, 5 tons would require about 2.5 full blocks, call it 3 if you are chiseling them into some smaller block that fits inside the press. Applying standard rules of voxel games, where in order to place a block you have to see the top face of the one you are setting it on, that's a minimum ceiling height of 5, with your head against the ceiling. At the very least, assuming reach rules for harvesting critters below you apply, you would have to sit down to retrieve the bucket and stand up to place the top stone.

On a more practical note, what else is taking up your time? There's only so much fruit juice you can consume before it spoils, and even if you convert it to booze for role-play reasons, you are just going to spend more time making cellars to store all that booze you are never going to use. Is that it? The goal is to completely fill a maximum size cellar with booze or something?

Then since stone is too light you can use iron for the weights, or lead if you don't care about lead poisoning. they're both way heavier than stone at about 7.8 and 11.3 as opposed to 2.3, they would both fit one block. Or just use directly an anvil as the weight and have an iron plate unter it.

However you can also make that 3 blocks high stone pillar into one block high with the same science behind the magical 1mq crates made of common and regular wood that are able to store 1280 mq of dirt, if made of special wood they can go as far as to store 1600mq of stuff.

And lastly, about your practical note, the answer is :

Right now i have a barrel full of brandy for each berry plus 2 more barrels full of aqua vitae.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.