REQUEST: Revive fellow players

Frepo

Wouldn't it be nice if players could revive each other?
- The player enters a state of being downed when hp reaches 0 (or a configurable chance for this happening).
- While downed: You can't do anything except slowly crawl around (no jumping).
- You die after 60 seconds (configurable), if no friend was able to revive you during this window.
- Revival takes a couple of seconds to perform (hold interact button with a bandage or any healing item in hand)

Not a new concept by any means, but I think it would be super nice to get a chance to save your friend when out on long expeditions far far away from home.
Also, it's fun! These situations tend to get quite intense, being on a timer to save your friend.

Edited by Frepo

There's a revive function (handles respawning) you could probably look into how it works and then make your own version.
And I believe that dying is handled by the BEBehaviorEntityHealth so that's another avenue you can hook into.

Normally I'd suggest cancelling the death event but I know from personal experience that the event handler sucks and you likely can't do it that way.

Edited by Omega Haxors
  • Thanks 1

With my current knowledge I think I would be able to get the player to being downed instead of dead at 0 hp. And thats about it :)
What I would primarily need take a deep dive into is:
- Animation (player crawling)
- Getting some sort custom UI graphics displayed on the screeen (e.g. a revive-meter)
- Restricting player controls

But some day I will make this happen, if noone else already has.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.