Recipes with attributes

KA3NMNP

Hello everyone, i am developing a mod for disassembling and recycling metal products. And when it came to shields, I discovered that many of their varieties are implemented through attributes. I started writing their variations in the recipe using “*”, but the recipes don’t work that way. For example:

Spoiler
[
	{
		ingredientPattern: "HC	_I",
		recipeGroup: 24,
		ingredients: {
			"H": { type: "item", code: "game:hammer-*", isTool: true},
			"C": { type: "item", code: "game:chisel-*", isTool: true},
			"I": { type: "item", code: "game:shield-woodmetal", attributes: { "metal": "{*}", name: "metal", allowedVariants: ["tinbronze", "bismuthbronze", "blackbronze", "iron", "meteoriciron", "steel", "gold", "silver"] }
		},
		width: 2,
		height: 2,
		output: { type: "item", code: "game:metalbit-{metal}", quantity: 40 }
	}
]

However, if I specify a specific value for each attribute, the recipe is workable, like this:

Spoiler
[
	{
		ingredientPattern: "HC	_I",
		recipeGroup: 24,
		ingredients: {
			"H": { type: "item", code: "game:hammer-*", isTool: true},
			"C": { type: "item", code: "game:chisel-*", isTool: true},
			"I": { type: "item", code: "game:shield-woodmetal", attributes: { "metal": "{metal}", "wood": "{wood}", "deco": "none" }} }
		},
		width: 2,
		height: 2,
		output: { type: "item", code: "game:metalbit-{metal}", quantity: 40 }
	}
]

For now, I’m busy writing out each of the 384 recipes manually, but I’d like to find a more rational method.

I'm just not seeing a more rational only solution without getting C# involved. On the upside, this sort of thing only applies to shields and junk in ruins afaik.

I guess one slightly more sane solution would be to use your language of preference to autogenerate the json files, if c# is not an option for you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.