v1.19.0-pre.1 Dejank Redux

Tyron

long time player, first time commenter! apologies if this should be elsewhere on the boards, but the pre versions past this first one don't seem to be getting dedicated forum posts like in previous patches, so i'm leaving this here.

i just poked around in pre.8 and noticed that using a tin bronze scythe i found in a cracked vessel didn't cut down tule. my guess is it's not intentional since they're so similar to reeds which can be cut this way, but i haven't tried with other scythe types or anything like that, so before reporting as a bug i wanted to check in since this preview version is still so hot off the presses.

also, i am hugely excited for how many new animals are being added to the game! i think it will really make the world feel more alive. are the goats going to be able to be domesticated like the current rams?

On 11/13/2023 at 11:53 PM, JshKlsn said:
  • Feature: New more medieval looking world map visuals, using the color palette from the Medieval Map mod (by permission from Rangelost, with many thanks). Classic world map visuals can be restored using the commands "/worldconfigcreate bool colorAccurateWorldmap true" server-wide or "/player [playername] grant colorAccurateWorldmap" for each player

Havent played the update (waiting for official release) but I think the real time colored map and the fantasy parchment map should be a simple toggle on the map screen and not a command.  Especially not such a frankly awfully obtuse and unwieldy one.  IMO, the new parchment map isn't to my taste (though i can see why someone would prefer it) especialy considering how good and useful the current one is.  Feels like fixing something that didnt need to be fixed by breaking it and making it worse.  If we're going for immersion and challenge here, then maps should be made an item we have to craft from parchment and must be updated with charcoal or a quill or something (I know that makes it closer to minnecraft but guess what, their maps are better, especailly considering you can put them in items frames, too).  Feels disjointed when you're going for flavor  but it's still a massive automatically and infinitely expanding map that spawns with us and is always with us (even after death) when we otherwise spawn with only the most basic clothing and no other supplies.  Like it's magic or something...

Can't just dip a toe into flavor while still having the map be an overpowered player convience gameplay mechanic.  It's mixed, unfocused, and sloppy design and makes little sense.

Either the map stays a non flavored gameplay mechanic for the players' convenience that isnt mentioned or referenced in game ever like it is now or it must go all in as a part of the game and no longer be an always present, overpowered, and immortal artifact. 

Now, if the map changes to a low to mid game level parchment and charcoal/quill/black and colored ink crafteable and is dropped upon death and must be carried and updated manually ingame by the player holding an item that can mark it to expand it and has limited scale (not just infinitely and magically expanding) it would be a great addition to the game. 

Charcoal can create a primitive pictogram style map that barely shows only the most important landmarks and player marks and no terrain.

Quill and black ink can create a map like the parchment style one just added.

Quill and colored can create a more precise and detailed colored map like the one we got now.

Quills are already both a craftable and lootable but the ink somehow spawns magically and isnt a consumable item?  That should also be fixed.

See?  Flavourful, intuitive, fun, simple AND useful game design that also has a bit of progression and will motivate players to search out dyes and ink so you they can help you lure them to a piece of out of the way or rare content like a dungeon or biome or whatever.

Edited by Cetasaya
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

the test version doesn't want me to create a new world, I even deleted the game and installed it again and removed all mods, help

Edit:

Everything works, unfortunately version 9 (full installation) is not complete, I had to go through all installations from 1-9

Edited by Jacek Babiak

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2023 at 2:11 PM, Tyron said:

Feature: Added capability for server owners to compact savegames

• /db vacuum: Recreate savegame to minimize disk space
  • /db prune [threshold] confirm: Deletes chunk columns where there are less than [threshold] player edits (survival block placements/breakings) since 1.18 - note that this also allows the game engine to refresh (re-generate) the world with latest version worldgen in all these areas
  • A full compact process looks like this:
    • /wgen autogen 0    (disable generation of chunks)
    • /db prune 5 confirm    (delete all chunks with less than 5 edits)
    • /db vacuum         (compact database)

Somehow these commands are not available for a 1.19.0-rc.4 server on the official hosting.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.