What is your favorite vintage story moment involving non-game soundtrack?

You Got Heart Kid

I edited the music playlist to play something different in game when in caves. I made a mistake and didn't notice that it plays several different files at the same time to create the ambience... thus suddenly me being blasted with a cacophony of like three songs at once when entering my mine...

• Like 1

I am an absolute music nut; I love most genres except rap and country, so I go as light as Andrea Bocelli and as heavy as Worm Shepherd. I don't really have music for the game; I like to watch tv shows in the background. The League, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Futurama; stuff I don't have to fully pay attention to as I've watched them all like a million times. But if you want to talk about music period, I'll talk about that all day long. 

You mentioned "Blasting". If I was going to blast something, it'd be from a band like Lorna Shore or I AM, maybe Dying Fetus. If I was doing like a backyard bonfire in the real with my buddies, it's Skynyrd, Judas Priest, Motley Crue,  Alice in Chains, and Dio, because heaven help me if I have a bonfire without "Free Bird", "Painkiller", "The Wild Side", "Angry Chair", and "Holy Diver". I can't go too heavy, because some of my crew are fellow military veterans and can get a little agitated sometimes. 

But if I was going to blast something while rafting in the game.... I'd go with Iron Maiden's "The Wicker Man".

• Like 1

Though I guess it would also depend on what type of rafting I was doing. I'm not the type that's gunna blast Meshuggah's Chaosphere album if I'm just out for a happy little float. If I was rafting for just a casual little float..... hmm, maybe something like Scorpion's "Holiday", because that's always been like a "letting one's mind wander in some tropical paradise" type of song. I liked to listen to that when I was on the beach when I was stationed at Camp Pendleton. Or maybe "Molly" by Sponge; the 90s alt-rock movement happened in my teen years.

But if I was rafting in the game and really thinking about stuff, like life stuff, I'd probably turn the game off, tbh, because I suck at multitasking. But if I was rafting in the game while deep in contemplation and was going to play music,..... it'd be something like : "Marooned" or "Scarborough Fair" or "Planet Caravan" (the Pantera version). But, that's me; I've had a playlist for everything since like the mid 80s. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.