1.18.15 Making Cheese. Negative Days to Ripen?

PPanda0421
Go to solution Solved by Steel General,

Hi,

I'm making cheese and I left the raw cheese (waxed_ on the shelf to ripen. I forgot about them and came back to -days to ripen. Isn't it supposed to be cheddar cheese by now? How do I fix this?

Screenshots attached. The first batch is negative days to ripen. The next batch is ~2 days away.

Version 1.18.15 (Stable)

Mods:

Animal Cages.

Carry On

CommonLib

Farmland Drops Soil

Hud Clock

Pet AI

Player Corpse

ProspectorInfo

Wolf Taming

Thanks

2023-11-30_19-27-27.png

2023-11-30_19-27-30.png

I noticed this too. I thought it was a display issue with the Extra Info mod at first, but it doesn't seem to be caused just by having that enabled (having tested just now in creative,) the timer itself is displayed without mods, and you didn't list it in your mods.

Of the mods you're using, I'm using Animal Cages, CommonLib, Carry On, Farmland Drops Soil, and ProspectorInfo.

I've been using the bed to skip time a lot, which could be related (but it's not a problem when using creative time skipping.) The cheese does eventually ripen at 100%, but it takes much longer than it's supposed to.

Edited by Bumber

Hi, I did some more testing and I think there might be several issues:

1. Looking at the link cheese-making video from PapaCheddar on the VS wiki there appears to be a change (or introduced bug) in 1.18.15 (stable). In the video (from 2 years ago), as soon as he put the raw-cheese (waxed) on the shelf it displays 'Will ripen in 0 hours' then immediately shows '19.6 days left to ripen (0%).' The countdown is displayed in the 2nd text.

In 1.18.15, the display starts with 'Will ripen in x hours' and STAYS there until the countdown reaches 0 THEN it displays 'x.x days left to ripen (0%)' with a continued countdown. Perhaps the countdown is supposed to show in the second text like in the video.

2. After 'Will ripen in 0 hours' ends it starts with '-8 days left to ripen (0%)' and the % increases from there. It should not display negative numbers.

I forgot to mention I use 30 days so the cheese's '14 - 20' days to ripen might have been based on 9 day month (default). So days to ripe should be more if it follows the same logic as farm growth times changing if you change your days / month. I don't know if 14-20 days is a constant value no matter your month setting.

Did you change your days per month setting as I did? Mine is set to 30.

3 hours ago, Steel General said:

I've been encountering this since the 1.17s, and I use no mods.

In 1.18.5, I was surprised to find it doesn't happen to unwaxed cheese - it turns into cheddar when the information says it should, whereas waxed cheese instead goes into negatives and ripens much, much later.

Seems like it's an ongoing bug that only affects waxed cheese. Interesting.

I believe both Bumber and Steel General gave the solution together. For waxed cheese it will eventually ripen but it will take much longer.

Settings/World snapshot

Raw cheese (Waxed)
30 days / month
Season (mid winter)

Summary of observations:

I needed 15 days to ripen after I salted, picked the raw cheese up, waxed it and placed it on the shelf to ripen

1. After the 15 days it displayed -8.0 days left to ripen (0%)

2. 7 days after that it displayed -15.0 days left to ripen (100%)

3. A little while after that it'll become 'Waxed cheddar cheese fresh for x years,' depending on your world/cellar temperature.

Definitely a (minor) bug that needs to be addressed later on.

2023-12-01_00-50-08.png

2023-12-03_23-30-42.png

2023-12-03_23-31-39.png

2023-12-03_23-32-06.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.