Need help

Aura Simori

So, I'm in a bit of a dilemma here, and I was wondering if someone out there can help.

Whenever I play, I find myself never farming animals, or farming very, very late and very, very little. I know that after a while sheeps give milk, and that hens lay eggs. It's just... there is so much food out there that it's not a necessity despite there being a dairy meter. I just go out and hunt for meat.

I was wondering if anyone can direct me to a mod where animals drops are changed to deliver bushmeat rather than normal meat until a few generations down the line? Or maybe something that forces me to farm consistently?

I tried doing a mod myself, a simple one that change the drops from animals, but I just don't understand how to. Following video tutorials doesn't help me either...

As far as I know, the game files do not distinguish between domesticated and wild livestock, but in general, drops from animals can be edited. But if it seems to you that there is too much food, then it might be better to play with the settings for the speed of hunger and food spoilage.

3 hours ago, KA3NMNP said:

As far as I know, the game files do not distinguish between domesticated and wild livestock, but in general, drops from animals can be edited. But if it seems to you that there is too much food, then it might be better to play with the settings for the speed of hunger and food spoilage.

That is an alternative, yes. Thing is, even with increased hunger I'd still end up going hunting than farming. I suppose chosing hunting over farming is a way of playing the game, I just... uh... I guess it could be described as "making early game harder"? Yes, I already have some mods that extend or increase difficulty for that phase of the game, but I still end up having a really easy time by just hunting.

I guess I'll figure out something. Thank you for your suggestion!

• 2 weeks later...

It seemed to me that the rate of respawn (sheep, boar) was on the low side(?)  Leading to an area being played out.  Causing an ever increasing field/range to wander for new game/food?

And the idea in part to farming is to localize the food resource ease, freeing up player time to be spent on things like building what ever?

I have played as a wandering nomad, hunting along the way as I made my way more south (where its warm and I can continue to grow crops/farm).  In that posture, hunting appeared to be unlimited... 

guess it depends a bit on anchoring in a single spot, depleting resources?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.