Modding Hosted Server

So I purchased a hosted server from Vintage Story's website and the players that joined state the mods aren't working. The mods work on Multiplayer when we join someone's server with an IP address but when we play on the hosted server, its not working. Is there a different folder that requires the mod files to be uploaded to in order to work on the hosted server? Or does the Host Server pull from the Client side?

On 1/6/2024 at 3:05 PM, Spear and Fang said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this:
https://www.vintagestory.at/store/product/7-simple-server-hosting-8-slots/
states that it does not have mod support:
"Does not support 3rd party mods (we are working on it)"

I believe that ANY other server hosting will support mods

You are 100% correct. An oversight on my part. Sad days for me and the crew as I love the world settings options the game provides. Other hosting sites require a lot of console commands. :(

Dedicated servers will be faster if you hosted them yourself, especially if you have friends playing who are in the same region as you.

Server hosts has downsides if they are rather cheap or limited hardware constraints, but they can be left online 24/7.

Server commands shouldn't be that difficult I think, if Java command arguments are any relative to launching a server say for Minecraft.

It's usually a bat(ch) file with a jar file (or a executable to a game) with extra arguments attached behind them. But I'm pretty sure for modern games with dedicated server executable, they create config files you can modify.

Edited by Dra6o0n

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.