Melting the shafts of metal tools

Matti ciepał

I have an idea for a functional block or improvement of one of the existing ones that would allow the recovery of some material and remelting finished tool parts. This would add a nice way to have an alternative source of copper or iron, and increase the attractiveness of the earth block with bones, which can often drop finished parts for copper spears, etc. This would avoid problems with finding discovered copper deposits.
Greetings.

PS. great game :)
(

It makes sense that if a tool is completely made from metal, then you should be able to get some scrap back from it.

Perhaps tools could degrade into an item similar to the metal scraps, but made of the metal from the tool, and that could be melted in the crucible along with ore nuggets. Each scrap could be some amount of the metal and you get varying numbers of scraps depending on the tool/weapon/armour type.

I would love this as the amount of times I constantly get Copper spearheads or copper arrow parts makes me annoyed. It would lead to having over-powered copper, but make the cost of energy higher? As one part it would be useful, but it would lead to people wanting the parts vs. the nuggets. It's a case of I don't want overpowered smelting, but maybe require a higher temperature is the only good way to avoid the issue I guess?

Just somewhere between useful, but not overpowered. That's like the biggest concern for me.... I love this idea as it would one part make panning more useful, but it would lead to inevitable nerfs for it. 

I think it would be cool if you could melt tools back into molten metal by using them with a chisel to turn them into bits of metal, but the amount of bits that you get back is dependant on the amount of durability the tool has left.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.